28. Raven

*Warning: Rated M. This chapter contains mature content. If you're uncomfortable with sexual situations, skip this chapter.

🌲🌲🌲

Raven dragged Corey behind him as he entered their room. The both of them held their breaths in order to be quiet, not wanting to wake up the sleeping beauty who was currently curled up in the middle of their bed, wearing nothing but a dark t-shirt and loose sweatpants. She was much too worn out, and while he wanted to steal all of her attention for him and Corey, he decided it was better to let her rest.

As soon as Raven was done chopping wood for the bonfire, he had raced home so he could drag Corey into the shower with him. Marc had met him at the door with a cunning little smirk, saying he had left them a present in the room that they shared. After spending some deserved time alone with Cor, he had immediately left to go check on Addie and prepare to wake her up.

They had about an hour until the bonfire, so he would let her sleep for a little bit longer. Malen'kaya Lastochka was going to need it.

It went against everything in his nature to allow unknown threats around his family, and whether she knew it or not, Addie was apart of that family. Attending the bonfire was practically inviting whoever hurt her to try it again.

Knowing that and convincing her of the same were two different things. She was a stubborn, alpha female. Strong and unyielding. She would do what she wanted with or without their approval.

Admiring her was something that he was starting to become accustomed to. It didn't make it any easier for him to allow her to walk into danger though.

The bonfire would be a good time to commit new faces to memory for his family. Addie's attack happened just after the new green beans showed up in New Haven, so it was more than likely that the attack came from one of them. There was the possibility that one of the townies planned the attack that way so they could shift blame, but none of the dots connected.

The attack was targeted and planned out by someone familiar with her allergies. So it had to be someone she knew before the virus, which barely cut down half of the list of suspects. It was going to drive him out of his fucking mind. While he would never wish any sort of pain upon her, he knew that they were going to need the fucker to make another move so they could isolate motives.

They needed to identify a pattern.

Bad things happened to people who tried to fuck with his family, and he couldn't wait to vent his frustrations on the svoloch'. There were many creative ways he could make the fucker feel pain, and he was looking foward to exercising them all.

Corey must have caught him in his rage induced pondering, because he laid a soothing hand on the nape of his neck. He squeezed once before wrapping his arm around his waist. "What's got you looking so angry, hmm?" he asked quietly, eyes straying towards the sleeping figure on their bed. "This sight alone should be enough to keep you happy."

Addie tossed and turned at Corey's voice, but went straight back to sleep with tiny snores emitting from her parted mouth. Raven grunted and led his partner to the bed, urging him to climb up and lay down.

Hell, if she was going to sleep through their talking, they may as well join her for a cuddle. It's not his most preferred activity that he'd like to do while sharing a bed with the two of them, but it would have to do.

Raven made his way around to the other side of the bed once Corey was settled. He kicked his boots off and climbed in, mirroring Cor's position. Both of them were facing each other, with Addie curled up between them.