29. Axel

The trucks were loaded and ready for the bonfire - everything Addie needed packed had been taken care of while she relaxed. While he knew how much having them handle her to-do list would wear on her independent sensibilities, Axel and his brothers wanted her rested and rejuvenated just in case something happened during the bonfire.

Just as she walked down the stairs - Raven and Corey at her side - only one thing registered in his mind. She did look refreshed, and it sure as hell had nothing to do with her nap. If Raven's cocky expression and Corey's blush were anything to go by, they had been up to something that had very little to do with sleep.

Considering himself intrigued, Axel looked closer at Addie and found himself a tad bit jealous at what he saw.

She was dressed in a pair of dark washed skinny jeans, dark brown high heeled combat boots, and a flattering maroon sweater. The black beanie and scarf pulled off the look of comfort to ward off the chill in the air, which was something he deeply approved of. She looked lovely, but that wasn't what had him so jealous.

It was the healthy glow that radiated off of her that made him want to thank his brothers and strangle them at the same time.

Her cheeks were tinged pink and her smile was bright. The lazy, satisfied look in her eyes lended even more proof to his theory.

If that wasn't an orgasm afterglow, then he wasn't sure what was. Lucky fuckers.

Axel had two options. One: ignore the revelation until he had the privacy to speak with his two brothers and save whatever happiness Addie had at the moment. Two: demand the truth then and there, possibly risking any fondness Addie had for him at the same time.

It was an easy choice, so he went with door number one, but added a little extra flare by glaring daggers at both his brothers. I know what you did and you're both going to pay for it later.

Judging by Corey's widened eyes and Raven's unrepentant smirk, they got the message. Sneaking another peak at Addie, he knew she was oblivious to the warning, which was something he was glad for. She did nothing wrong, so he wouldn't drag her into it and risk humiliating her.

Axel cleared his throat and lightly hit the hood of the truck. "We ready?" He glanced at the rest of the team, showing they had noticed as well, judging by their wide eyes that were glued to Addie's form. He guessed they were lucky that North hadn't started to rage at Raven yet.

The bellowing male of the family would overlook Corey's involvement and head straight for Raven, because nobody liked to yell at Corey, which was something Axel struggled with constantly as the team leader.

Hell, for Christmas a couple years back, Gabriel got Corey a t-shirt that said 'must be protected at all cost'. It even had a little cartoon puppy on it. The struggle was real.

Addie was either ignoring the tension in the air, or she was truly oblivious, because she continued to skip down the driveway and hopped into the bed of the truck. "Sir, yes sir." She slapped the bed of the truck and looked at each of them strangely. "Well what are you guys waiting for? Let's get this show on the road."

Axel blew out a breath, trying to release the tension that plagued him and pasted on a smile. "You should know better by now. You're not allowed to ride in the bed of the truck, Little One."

She paused in her quest to find a comfortable spot. The look she sent him was filled with reproach. "You're serious?"

"Yes, he's serious." North walked up and chucked her under the chin. "Go sit in the truck and let us guys sit back here."