Ch. 24

Enjoy x

~~

Before anyone felt , it was the end of November .

Both Geoff and Liam were growing worried , as it was nearing December - and they knew what it meant .

Louis pretended he didn't care , as he did every year , but as it neared December he was slowly shutting down . Away from Geoff , away from Liam , away from Harry .

Harry knew something was going on ; Louis was more tense , avoiding him some times , and when he came over to Louis' house the tension was suffocating . He thought about asking Louis about it , get him to say what's wrong , but he didn't know if Louis wanted to talk about it .

Liam , who wasn't living with Louis and Geoff , made sure to come over as often as he could ; he knew he needed to be there for Louis . He hoped that maybe this year Louis would be less numb and distant , that he would tell Harry about what happened .

~

"Hi love ." Harry smiled as Louis walked over to him , Louis gave him a tight smile and let him peck his cheek . Harry was picking him up from school , and as much as he wanted to let Harry cuddle him , he had to keep himself away . Or atleast that's what he wrongly kept telling himself .

They got into the car , Harry pulled out of the parking spot , "We're stopping at the bakery , before I left to pick you up I put vanilla cupcakes in the oven , by the time we get there it'll be ready and cool enough to eat ."

Louis bit hislower lip ; he wanted to shake his head no and just get Harry to drop him off at his house , but he wanted to have one last cupcake from Harry's bakery .

They drove in silence , which was still unusual . Their usual car rides were filled with songs , Harry singing along and making Louis laugh . Harry strongly disliked what happened to them , and promised himself that tonight he was going to talk to Louis .

He parked outside the bakery , "Want to come with me or stay here ?" He asked , Louis motioned with his hand he was staying in the car . Harry nodded and gave him a smile , "I'll be back in five ."

Louis nodded and watched him exiting the car , then entering the bakery . He looked down at his phone when he recieved a text from Liam .

hey lou, u home?

no ill be there in a bit

did harry pick u up?

yeah were at the bakery

ok 

also we need to talk

Louis sighed and closed his eyes ; it was inevitable and he knew it , as it happened every year . This year would be no different , except for the fact he has Harry now too .

knew it was coming

of course it was, we need to talk

it cant happen this year too

you know it will

and ill do my best to make sure it doesnt

Louis put his phone down and pressed his shaking hands between his knees , looking up when the door opened and Harry slid into the driver seat , two paper cups in one hand and two cupcakes in his other hand . He handed Louis the cupcakes and put the drinks in the cup holders before pulling out of the parking spot , "My place or yours ?"