XV

Lily's pov
I groaned, rubbing my temples groggily. I took in my surrounding, searching the room.

The curtains were closed, the room lit simply for the light of the bedside lamp.

Lucifer !

I remembered, sitting up abruptly. Only to fall back down due to the pounding in my head.

"Angel" Lucifer spoke, frightening me from his sudden presence.

"You need to stop showing up like that" I laughed lightly, wincing from the pain in my head.

" What's wrong? Oh my darling I'm so sorry, this is all my fault" he rambled.

" My head" I said, rubbing my temples again to try ease the pain.

"I didn't have time to heal it before you passed out. I managed to sort your thigh, that's headed now" he spoke, sitting next to me.

His large hands were placed on my forehead, the heat prickling my skin. His eyes shut tightly, opening to reveal the same grey colour when he tried to heal me earlier.

In seconds the pain was gone, making me pull him into me.

" Thank you Lucifer. You saved me" I cried.

He seemed shocked for a second, before wrapping his arms around my frame.

" I do not deserve your gratefulness" he said solemnly, his gaze filled with sadness.

I watched him in confusion.

" Yes you do. You saved me from her Lucifer" I smiled, pecking his lips. My cheeks warming from the sensation.

" Not quick enough. You still felt the torture" he spoke, tearing his gaze from mine.

I shook my head, sitting up beside him. " Lucifer, you done what you could and I owe you a thanks" I smiled, playing with the rings that clad into his fingers.

" my beautiful little angel. I don't know how I'd survive without you" he chuckled, tucking my hair from my face.

" How are you feeling " I asked, chewing on my lip.

" Glad that you're better darling" he winked.

" Lucifer. How is your wound I mean." I laughed, my eyes darting to his side.

He sighed, lifting his shirt to reveal his toned and tattooed abdomen.

" I heal remember" he spoke, referring to the flawless skin.

" Must be good" I chuckled. Looking down at my thigh, a small scar visible on the now flawed skin.

Lucifer followed my gaze, pursing his lips as he watched me.

" You're left with a scar because your body can't heal the same" he said. I nodded slowly, pulling the sheets over my leg.

Lucifer's large hand stopped my actions " doesn't make you any less beautiful" he smiled, making me blush.

" Where is she now. Amalia I mean" I asked curiously.

His face hardened at the mention of her name, his jaw tightening with anger.

" You have no need to worry angel. She's suffering" he smirked.

" Don't kill her lucifer, please" I said. His brows knit together in confusion at my remark.

"She put you through so much agony, yet you worry of her wellbeing? You have sympathy for the ones that hurt you " He asked, tilting his head as if to examine me.

Why did I bother. Many people would find happiness in her death but I couldn't. I would be just as bad a person if I did.

" She loves you Lucifer. That clouded her emotions. I don't think that what she did was right, but I don't wish death upon her" I said, shaking my head.

His gaze lingered on me for a moment, as though he was processing the words.

His lips formed a smile as he chuckled " you're definitely an angel. That's all I'll say" he teased, leaving a small kiss on my forehead.

I had so many questions to ask.

" can I ask you something" I said nervously, fumbling with my fingers.

Lucifer nodded, sitting up against the headboard. He removed his shirt to get comfortable, making my eyes divert to his muscular body.

" I mean, you could at least try to look away darling" his voice startled, making me flush in embarrassment.

" Just kidding" he winked, sitting back down. I followed his actions, sitting back against the headboard.

"When you left the room. I felt pain in my abdomen, the exact same place you had been wounded. How is that possible? A mate thing maybe?" I asked, looking up at him.

Lucifer nodded " Yes, but it usually doesn't happen so soon. Our bond grows overtime, connecting us. I guess it just happened and you managed to feel what I did" he spoke, crossing his arms.

If the bond wasn't supposed to connect us so fast, then I assume me and lucifer and closer than I thought.

Anything else that strays in your curious mind, little one? Lucifer smirked.

" You said Amalia was channeling your powers, how so? And what did she mean by the pain she inflicted on my mind was what you had to suffer" I asked.

Lucifer frowned, fidgeting in his position.

" I can't be controlled by anyone, well- actually yeah I can't. The only reason Amalia was able to, was because she took my blood. She can control minds on her own, but she's wasn't able to do the same to me until she got ahold of my blood" he said.

" so all the powers she was using were yours?" I asked, my voice coming out quietly.

" yes " he nodded, watching me inquisitively as if to see how I'd react.

" What else can you do?" I laughed nervously.

" I'm the devil, darling. I can do anything" he said cockily. Making me roll my eyes in response.

" As for the pain in your head. She- she took it from mine" he spoke shyly. I didn't understand what he meant.

" what do you mean?" I asked, reaching for his hand. He obliged, taking mine as rubbing small circles to my palm.

" That's why I can't sleep" he said. My eyes widened in shock.

No. Surely Lucifer didn't have to deal with that torment.

" Just another perk of ruling hell love" he laughed nervously, trying to lighten the mood.

I hugged into his side tightly, a tear slipping for my eye.

" you don't deserve it" I cried.

" shh. You know you've not to cry over me darling" Lucifer soothed, calming me.

" I'm so exhausted " I spoke, closing my eyes.

" sleep Darling. I won't leave your side. I promise" Lucifer said, his deep voice melting in my ears like honey.

I slowly drifted into sleep, my body relaxing from his touch.

Lucifers pov

I played with a silky strand of her hair, watching as she slept peacefully.

I was so angry at myself for allowing lily to feel such intense pain. Amalia would suffer for her actions, I would make sure of it.

My attention fell back to lily, her lips parted slightly in slumber.

" I-" the words began, as I stopped them.

" Sleep well my angel" I whispered, pulling her closer to me.

________________________