Chapter 8

I wake up to the sound of an unfamiliar voice screaming " Just stop!!! Jeez."
When I look up to see who it was I have orange peels, tomato sauce, Parmesan cheese and a banana shoved into my hair. Everyone seems to be staring at that kid who never talks. Did he say that? Was he standing up for me?! I couldn't hold back the smile crawling across my face.
The smile quickly inched in again, when everyone started laughing and continued to eat their lunch. He wouldn't make eye contact with me. What was his name? I never even thought about it. Oh great! I think my face is turning red, so I run to the bathroom and try to clean up.

That night , I did my homework quick and waited for dinner.
After today, I don't know what to think. Does this mean were friends? Does it mean everything's the same? Could there be maybe the smallest chance that he likes me ? No never.
"Ella dinner!" Mom calls
We are having spaghetti. I hate when we have spaghetti because my 5 year old brother gets the tomato sauce everywhere!!
"So how was school?" Dad asks knowing the answer.
"The usual. Not the best. I mean my grades are good but everything else..."
I didn't want to tell them that someone had stuck up for me because it could be my first and last time.
I went to bed right after dinner.