Chapter Twenty

"What..." I whispered. I couldn't speak. I couldn't breath. Did he just say he loved me? Am I dreaming?
"Its true. I love you Scarlett. I can't deny it any longer, no matter how hard I try. I understand if you don't feel the same. I'm not capable of being loved, not after the things I've done. I..." I caught him off as I slammed my lips on his. He was surprised at first, but then he just gave in and engulfed me in his arms. I wrapped my arms around his neck as he put his arms around my waist holding me tight. Our tongues battled for dominance. We were both hungry for each other's touch. His hands traveled up and down my back, making me feel sparks of energy coursing through out my entire body. He pushed me up against the wall and a moan escaped my lips. The kiss became stronger, harder but sweet all the same. I bit his bottom lip as the kiss ended, leaving us both breathless. We stood there gazing into each others eyes.
"I love you too Michael."

Michael's POV
"I love you too Michael." She stated. I couldn't believe it. She loved me, even after everything I told her about me. I've never told anybody about my past. I never wanted anybody to know the horrible things that I have done. Ever since then I've tried to change. Trying to make up for my sins and not let Gabriel drag me down that dark state again. But when I first saw Scarlett it's like something came alive in me. She made me want to care again, she made me want to love. She made me happy.
"How can you love me after knowing my past?"
"Because that was who you were, it's not who you are." She replied.
"But...the consequences. I tried convincing Gabriel that I feel nothing for you. That is why I said those things last night. But my brother is smart and not easily fooled. Your life could be in danger." I said wanting her to know the truth and the risks.
"I don't care. You're worth it. This, is worth it." I couldn't help but smile.
"You make me so happy." I told her as I brushed a strand of hair from her face. She started blushing and it took my breath away. She was gorgeous.
"I'm really glad you told me about your past. I'm happy that I know you better." She said as we started walking towards the bed and sat down.
"It was difficult because I was afraid of what you would think of me. I didn't want you to be afraid of me, knowing that sometimes I'm afraid of myself. You're the only one I've ever told this too because I feel that I could trust you. That I could confide in you."
"Believe me, I'm the last one to judge. I want to know everything about you. All the good, the bad. The sweet and the sour. And I could never be afraid of you." I smiled while I stroked her hand, noticing how small it was compared to mine.
"If we're going to be together we're going to have to be discreet. I don't know how many higher angels spies Gabriel still has in the city. We have to be careful. Do you understand?"
"Yes, even though I'm not happy about it. I still don't understand what he has against you being in love?"
"I think it's because he has never found love himself. He wasn't always like that. But something along the way changed him. Plus he could be kind of possessive. He believes that brothers should stand together, that nothing should come between us. That together we are stronger, more powerful. Truthfully, I'll never really quite understand the way my brother thinks." I said, thinking about my brother and the way he sees things. Scarlett just looks at me, listening with interest. I could see in her eyes how interested she is in learning about me. Which got me thinking.
"You already know a lot about me. But I know almost nothing about you." As soon as I said that she looked uncomfortable.
"There's not really a lot to know. I'm a pretty boring person." She said chuckling nervously. I could hear her heart beat increasing.
"Scarlett, do you not trust me?" I asked wondering why she wouldn't be comfortable talking with me.
"No of course not. It's not that. It's just that...I don't know. I don't really like talking about my past. I just....umm...it's hard to explain." She said giving me a sad smile and looking away. I wanted her to open up to me, but I knew it wasn't easy so I wasn't going to force her.
"It's ok. I understand. When you're ready, you'll tell me." I said taking her in my arms and kissing her on the forehead.
"Thank you Michael, for understanding." She replied, resting her head on my chest.
"Of course." I said stroking her hair, being happier in that moment than I've ever been in decades.

Outcast's POV
I was thrilled by the news I had for Gabriel about Michael and his little pet. Even I had to admit they looked really happy together. Especially Michael. The way he was holding her, and stroking her hair. Looking at her with such admiration and love. It will make things that much sweeter when he loses her. I smiled as I flew off, knowing that Michael will lose something very precious to him. Hail Gabriel!