911 - What's Your Emergency?

What happens when Bona - a police dispatch operator - receives an interesting call?

...

Bona POV

These last few nights have been fairly quiet - I know I live in a small town, but we'd get at least 2-4 calls about a robbery or medical problem. We'd even get some really funny calls about food complaints or people asking the police for a ride home.

It was already 3:30am and all Seola, Exy and I were doing was drinking some coffee while monitoring the lines to find nothing unusual.

"Crazy quiet, don't you think?" Exy asks just before chugging down the rest of her coffee.

Since I was already in the middle of drinking some, all I could do was reply with a hum. Afterwards, I decided to say, "You'd think we'd get at least one phone call. I wonder how the field guys are feeling."

A low huff came from behind me and says, "Better than us probably. They don't have to stay in this room and look into monitors their whole shift." I swivelled to the voice and found Seola endlessly turning in her chair while looking into the oblivion we call the ceiling.

What she said was true though. We were enclosed in a pretty big office for just the three of us and we usually only kept one light on since the monitors around us always burned our eyes. The sad, grey tables and navy blue office chairs made this place feel super dull, and it's not like we could bring in a few plants, change the table colours, replace our chairs to something more comfortable, and repaint the walls...

Actually, I think we could bring in some plants.

"Sooo, y'all have any plans for later?" Exy asks.

I give her a bewildered look - which Seola mirrors - and say, "Other than sleep? I don't think so. Why, do you?"

Exy lets out an exasperated sigh and sinks deeper into her chair, "Noo...."

I noticed from the corner of my eye that Seola sits a little more pridefully and takes her headpiece for recieving phone calls off so that it was resting around her neck. She then scoots over to Exy and says, "Well if you want, I guess we can make some arrangements," and winks painfully seductively.

Instinctively, the muscles of my face twitch distastefully at this sight and a low groan boiled at the base of my throat.

Exy narrows her eyes at Seola and smirks, "Hmm, what did you have in mind?" It was then I caught her hand sliding onto Seola's thigh.

I can't believe they do this to me all the time. Their flirting game can never be controlled.

Soooo... why beat them up for it when you can join 'em?

"Gheezzz guys, maybe we can have a threesome and go at it all over Exy's condo?" I slide over to them and touch their thighs to tease them.

I shouldn't have done that.

The evil glint in their eyes began to sparkle, sending shivers down my back. I felt my face heat up as they leaned in and I try to pull my hands away from their thighs but the next thing I knew, their hands trap mine. The wolffish smirks and raised brows screamed crazy and as their mouths open to say something, they instantly close in alarm as we heard a buzz through our head sets. Fortunately, I was the first responder and caught the caller.

"911, what's your emergency?" The three of us instantly swivel back to our desks and I prepare the different signals so that I could send the most efficient response to our team - need be.

"Hey, hows it going?"

I guess since the other lines weren't active on my friends' end, they scooted closer to me to listen to the emergency. After hearing this initial response, we all looked at each other questioningly.