Let Me Know

“What are you doing?”

“Just landed in LA.”

“How about you?”

“Rehearsing.”

“Ok, be careful.”

“You too.”

Byul placed her phone on the table. Its been 3 months they didn’t meet each other.

If Jin was overseas, Byul must be in Seoul. If Jin landed in Seoul, then Byul must be in another province, doing gigs and perform.

Sure, they had one or two days off, but if it is rest time for Jin, it would somehow a super busy day for Byul. If Byul had a day off, Jin would have a long and tiring shoot. If they coincidentally had the same day off, Byul would never meet him because Jin was in another continent.

Byul sat down on her seat, waiting for another guest to rehearse while consuming tteokbokki. She opened her anonymous twitter account to see Jin’s several fansites. He looked so tired and handsome at the same time, walking out of the airport and waved.

“LA, please be near…”

She said after downloading a photo from that social media platform. She kept looking at the photo until her manager calls her to get ready. She quickly finished her meal.

After rehearsing, they need to go to another place and film something. The gigs started at noon, and Mamamoo was performing last.

“Okayy!!” She stuffed 3 rice cakes in her mouth, throwing the wrapper and ran to her members.

.
.

“Aigoo, my back,” Jin whined after finally sitting on their van, on the way to their hotel.

“Hyung, you sound like an old man.” Hoseok teased.

“Define old man.”

Namjoon joined the conversation and stated, “You could say a man is old when he keeps whining his back hurts.”

“I always thought that old man is someone who had a grandchild.” Tae threw his perspective.

“Tae, Hyung is not an old man,” Jimin said.

“Except he marries noona and have a child, and after that, the child has a child,” Jungkook said in a happy voice.

Everyone in the van laughed, including the manager and staffs. But not Jin, hearing someone stating about Byul made his heart glitches. He missed her. Badly. But the way he missed her is gradually changing.

At their first year of being together, if he missed her, he would call her, and done. If he missed her, face-time will be the answer. They could talk for hours and hours until someone fell asleep.

But now, their conversation felt dry. He felt distant, and he knew that she was feeling the same. She would text him about what happened on her day, and he never forgot to greet her good morning and good night.

Regardless, it was just that.

Where did all the butterflies go?