Just

Byul-ah, stop

Byul-ah, stop.

I ache when I see you smile.

I don't like it, I want you smiling towards me.

For me.

Because of me.

I want to be the source of those lit eyes and indian dimpled cheeks. I want to be the one that sends so much happiness around you. I want to feel the warmth you once given to me.

I want to be there. I'm dying to be by your side. I want to hold your hand, kiss your lips, and sing you to sleep. I want to dry your tears, take the pain and anger I know you hide.

Yet here I am, sitting here like a fool, seeing you through a screen.

I struggled so badly to do well after everything. I worked hard, I battled for every step to be okay, to be a better person. I want to be fine, just like you. I want to be like you, you seem to entirely forget about me.

Before I even realized, I had reached to look at that nostalgic rainy day in the middle of the night, envisioning the sequel to the dream I had yesterday. On that day, the person you hate now know what to do. He will not shout at you, he will not break your heart, he will chase after you when you ran away from his apartment. He will be honest to you about his upsetting situation, asking you gently to understand and protect you under his hug.

But he will never be me. And I could only wish.

In my heart I withdraw all the bad things I ever told, they were never a reflection on you, only on my inner demons. You worked hard adjusting to me and I only saw what you couldn't do.

I still love you, Byul-ah. And I'm sad you are not anymore.

.
.

My phone rang, I took it out of my pocket and read the notification panel.

92club (11) : Byulyi sent a massage.

My heart whacks uncontrollably, wondering what she had to say. I muted this group once and it died down that time, nobody was available to even chitchat. It must be super awkward for my friends to start a conversation once they heard our separation. I still remember when this group chat is the most living thing in my phone, introduced me to Moon Byulyi, the light of my life.

I opened the chat.

Baro:
Stopped by RBW today,
guess who's gonna
have her 2nd solo album?