In my Room

Byul started crying her eyes out while driving her car; hands gripped tight on the wheels with a face drenched in tears, harsh breathe and hiccups. The sky is still bright, even though she can see the sun started diving down to set. Upon seeing her apartment building, she could not control her emotions anymore.

Stopping on the empty sidewalk, she needs to breathe.
Everything that happened still lingers on her mind, and she knew it will last long.

She went to face Jin earlier, asking why he wouldn't talk to her like he used to before, asking him why he didn't give her the reasons all of his absence these days.

She never demands to be his first priority, because she knew they had the same busy jobs. But she knew something in him had changed, but she can't point her finger at anything.

Jin became so sealed these days, and she can't stand it anymore, so she went to see him in his apartment.

Never knew the day she confronted him, will be their last day together.

One single sentence from him was enough to shut her off.

I don't love you anymore.

.

.

.

.

This is the umpteenth time she woke up at the on the couch.

"Urghh..."

Her already husky voice became hoarser, it sounds almost funny to her. She keeps clearing her throat while grabbing a cup of water in the table and drink it.

Her phone rings once, and she took a glance at it.

"I have a schedule in 40 minutes."

Bags of empty chips laid beside the table, all dirty and untouched. She grabbed a new one on the floor and turned on the TV. Scrolling down the channel, she chose some hit comedy sitcoms. Hopefully, it can lift her mood a bit before starting her day.

Grabbing the remote and put the highest volume, she laid back on the couch and closed her eyes. Laugh tracks could be heard in her ears, but suddenly one voice of someone familiar made her instantly open her eyes and look up.

"Jin?"

Ah, just a CF.

She chuckled bitterly, turning the TV off and leaned back down.

She looked at her closed bedroom door with empty eyes, asking herself when will she open it. Does she want to open it, though? The blanket that covered her imprisons both of her feet, paralyzing any attempt to move a single muscle.

She tried to fight it, let her feet down and walked to the closet, changing her clothes because she has a gig to attend.

.

.

.

.

"It's late unnie, we want to eat after this. I hope you can join us this time." Wheein asked her carefully, while she untangled her in-ear and put it back to the box.

"Not today, Wheein-ah," Byul replied to her and put her sling bags on, then walked out from the room. Her table is tidied up and very organized; she didn't let anyone felt burdened to clean up for her mess. Then she will walk home alone because they always have another schedule and she never interested in joining any.

"Same answer?" Hyejin tapped Wheein and asked, then received a faint nod from her. Hyejin smiled a little and patted her back, "It's okay, give unnie some time."