01.

ɪ

ɪ. ʜʏʙʀɪᴅ?!

"I'm glad you're in time, dear." The president of RGC, Alecia Greene, stated. Her delicate fingers wrapped around my left wrist before easily pulling me into a tight embrace.

"Yes," I laughed at her statement and the obvious relief that laced it. I positioned both of my hands on her back, giving it a light pat as I enjoyed the warmth and the welcoming vibe of her tight embrace. "Laurent woke me up in time again."

"He better." Alecia chortled as she broke the hug and placed both of her soft, delicate hands on my shoulders. "Let's get this meeting started."

Alecia Greene. A twenty years old woman that looked like a complete teen that's blessed with both beauty and grace. Standing proudly with her 5 feet and 9 inches height. Her jet black hair that reached her slim waist would carelessly yet fascinatingly sway along with the route of the breeze. It looked like a fine, black silk that was weaved by a Goddess itself. Her full bangs served as a curtain to her round-shaped eyes and baby blue irises that could immediately struck any men's heart. Not to mention her pointed nose and naturally pink-ish, full lips that could bring a man to his bended knees.

She has what it takes to be a famous model. The simplest way to describe her is that she is the complete opposite of me. There were times that I envied her beauty and disliked her for having it all. But as my mind slowly matures, I soon realized that a single human being cannot have it all. It's impossible for a human being to be perfect.

And you could say I eventually got over that envy.

"Another miracle, huh?" I heard the loud and unfeminine voice of my clubmate, Gwynneth, as I entered the meeting room right after Alecia. "This month is full of miracles." She added to tease me, which I think is honestly unnecessary. But putting myself in her shoes, that is probably understandable.

"Ah! Indeed, Gwen." The vice president of RGC, Caroline, probably couldn't help herself but to butt in to our conversation. She was one of the witnesses of how tardy I was just a month ago. If I were to position myself into their shoes, it's probably unpleasant to have a clubmate who is always the main reason why the meetings were always delayed.

And I'm so glad that they didn't throw me out just yet.

"Do you agree, Terry?" Caroline asked, her voice leaked with the usual playfulness that became her signature. She would always address me as 'Terry' no matter what the occasion or reason is.

"Well, I must admit that I completely agree." I stated my own opinion right after I took a seat on one of the vacant chairs.

"Enough," Alecia commanded with a strict voice that immediately sealed our lips, it was like a magic trick that only an Alecia Greene can do. "Please do not tease her too much. The miracle might end very quickly if we keep on making a fuss about it."

Caroline erupted into a sudden guffaw. After knowing her for years, I can say that she's extremely easy to amuse, it honestly seemed like even the world's most corniest joke can make her laugh to death. It's making me worried sometimes.

"Well, you heard the boss." Gwynneth stated amidst the proof of Caroline's amusement, her loud voice effortlessly swallowed the volume of Caroline's hysterical laugh.

"Ah! Yes, yes!" Caroline managed to repose her laughter. "I want to get my hands on those precious cash soon."

My gaze drifted to Alecia's direction and I found her shaking her head while arranging some papers. I suppose it's normal for us to get used to Caroline's behavior after quite a lot of years of being clubmates.

Well, Caroline was never the serious and stereotypical kind of Vice President. I'd like to borrow her words and say she is just 'unique'. Let's say, she is the playful type and her mind is already focused on the money that would come after the meeting.

No one can ever blame her. I mean, we all need money. That's a big fact that no one can ever deny. In order to survive in this world, we need money to satisfy our necessities. And as a human who have the same needs, we have no right to judge her or whatsoever.

Unfortunately, a person whose age is ranging from 15 to 25 can only earn some money by attending club meetings and submitting game reviews. As a person who lives all by myself and have no one else to worry about, the money that is being given is too much for me.

"Anyways, I'm sure you're already aware that a new game will be released by the Government soon." Alecia stated as she stood up from her seat and started distributing the papers that she was arranging just a while ago.

It turned out to be the basic details of the game.

"A single beta tester will be chosen from each clubs to critique the new game." Alecia continued after distributing all of the papers.

Each clubs?

I could only ask myself as soon as my mind managed to process all of the words that Alecia said to us. Usually, whenever we have this kind of meeting where the Government is about to release a new game (that is strictly related to Romance, of course), it will just be us, the RGC, who would be chosen to participate in beta testing because we specialize in Romance Genre. But now, it is surely different.

"Wait! Each clubs? That does mean..." Gwynneth trailed off, expressing the same confusion that we all have at the moment.

Alecia's lips curled into a small smile that was almost too discreet to be noticed. Judging by her current reaction, is it possible that this game is a-

"A hybrid."

=🕹️=

And that is all for the official Chapter One! I hope you like it! ^^

If there is anything that you'd like me to correct, please comment it down below ^^

PLEASE KEEP ON SUPPORTING ME AND THIS BOOK BY:

🕹️VOTING

🕹️COMMENTING

🕹️FOLLOWING MY ACCOUNT

🕹️AND BY SHARING THIS BOOK AS WELL

Just before you leave! I just wanna say that you're special and no one in this world would be able to replace you!^^