07.

ᴠɪɪ

ᴠɪɪ. ᴅᴀʏ ᴡɪᴛʜ ʟᴀᴜʀᴇɴᴛ (2).

The flawless rows of white oak trees that stood with their approximate 80 feet height were the inanimate objects that my eager gaze immediately sought for. The current season have finally reached the middle of spring, so most trees were back to their original state.

Witnessing the growing process of trees have always entertained me. Somehow, it reminded me of humanity.

The beginning, the middle and our end.

The magnificent scenery rendered me speechless. The pleasant blow of the zephyr caused the rich green leaves to dance in a calm rhythm, they resemble a group of dancers that aims to satisfy their audience with their mesmerizing choreography. I could feel my veins humming in pure satisfaction.

“Enjoying the view?” Laurent asked, his voice came out as a mere whisper that snapped me out of my thoughts.

Figuring that a sideward glance was
obviously— insufficient, I slowly turned my head to side to look at him. He was already behind me, I could feel his presence intertwining with mine.

“I—I love it!” I croaked out. “T—Thank you for taking me here.” His faint scent got me so distracted. It seemed like the salivating scent of chocolates clung on his clothes, I wasn't quite sure how it happened but I am not complaining.

I can imagine that I have a walking chocolate beside me.

“My pleasure.” He whispered, his low voice has never failed to amuse me. His voice was thunderously deep yet it has a velvety sound that was undeniably enticing.

And I can safely conclude that he was —obviously— the gifted son of God.

“And... I'm sorry.” He apologized, effortlessly catching me off guard. “I... I know I wounded your feelings last night, woman. Trust me, it was not—”

“I know,” The edge of my lips curled into a genuine smile. “And I'm sorry too! I shouldn't have slammed the door shut while we were having a conversation.”

“Apology accepted.” He commented. “You should thank me for being one of those forgiving humans in the entire fuckin' world, you know.”

“You didn't inform me that you're a comedian now.” I stated while rolling my eyes, a genuine laughter trying to fight its way out of my voice box.

“A fuckin' comedian? Are you kidding me, woman?” He asked me. “I wasn't even trying to make you laugh.”

“Oh?” I feigned an act of astonishment. “I thought you were trying to! You were extremely funny, by the way. You should consider being a full-time comedian.”

“Are you fuckin' serious?” I heard him huff.

“Renny... You know I wasn't serious. The television channel that would hire you as a comedian would suffer an obvious low rating.” I joked, nudging his tanned arm that was left uncovered.