20: Help

Emperor Haow brought them, together with Julianna and Rui sa Throne Room.

When they reached the Throne Room, kanya kanya silang pwesto. They all served as Councilors of Haow kaya naman normal lang na may mga pwesto sila doon.

Emy, however, had Julianna sit beside her. Habang si Rui naman ay sa tabi ni Vaughn.

"Nana, can you speak now?" Haow asked worriedly.

"Let her get a grip first. Obviously, she is having a meltdown." Lucy said na agad namang sinang-ayunan nila Emy at Diana.

When Emy and Haow both uttered her nickname kanina, she bowed her head because she could no longer stop all her emotion.

Nana, her youth name, was bestowed to her by Atticus. All her life, yun ang tawag sa kanya ng pamilya niya.

And when these two people called her that, she could no longer contained it. She missed Atticus. She missed her family.

She vowed not to cry in public and so she lowered her head to hide her tears.

Anyway, they let her like that for the meantime habang si Lie Chen muna ang ininterrogate nila.

"I found Yan and Rui on the way to Ming Province two days ago. Both of them were injured and wounded. Lalo na si Yan. Luckily, I passed by and saw them at dinala ko nga sila sa Ming. Then I found out, she wanted to go to Hans to see you, Emy."

"Nana, what are you doing here? Napakalayo ng Ming mula Magnolia. May nangyari ba kaya mo ako gustong puntahan? And your looks... your hair..."

Emy was having a hard time seeing Julianna like this. She knew the kid really well. People might view her as troublemaker but in actuality, she was just a kid with a very curious mind and pure heart.

She always asked questions which indicated how observant and smart she was. She was also sweet in her own way.

Julianna grew up around men kaya naman di malabong may pagkaboyish ito. But to Emy, this kid had her own way to express herself.

However, seeing the young lady like this, hindi niya mapigilang mag-isip ng kung ano ano.

This time, Julianna finally calmed down. But her eyes were red. Her tears came out too much, that's why.

"Aunt Emy, Magnolia City has fallen. Great Gran... Great Gran and Carlos are dead."

"Great Gran? Do you mean... Atticus?" Haow asked though he already had a hunch about it.

Julianna nodded.

That earned gasps from all of them. They knew Atticus, of course. Bukod sa malaki ang naitulong ng matanda sa Grey City mula noong hanggang ngayon, he was also Emy's grand father.

"H-how..." Emy's voice shook.

Atticus maybe old but he was still strong despite his age. So Emy knew he didn't die from illness but someone had killed him.

Agad namang ikinuwento ni Julianna sa kanila ang nangyari mula umalis si Julius para sa expedition hanggang sa pagkamatay ni Atticus.

Emy's hand tightened.

When Haow saw that, he quickly reached for her hand.

Nagkatinginan sila and he simply just tilted his head towards Julianna.

Napapikit si Emy and calmed herself. It was always hard for her whenever she lost people. Lalo pa nga kung sinadya silang patayin. But she needed to be level headed for now.

Kahit gaano pa siya nasasaktan dahil sa nangyari kay Atticus, this young lady beside her had lost more than just her great grandfather.

"I... I was brought away by my cousin, Carlos, when Great Gran died. Plano naming puntahan ka, Aunt Emy. Kaso we were chased hanggang sa gumamit siya ng portal to send me away.