79: Fighting!

"Idiot! Really so dumb! Doofus!"

Julianna cursed at Symeon. This lad was really the stupidest person she had ever met.

Symeon, on the other hand, couldn't stop chuckling.

Oh, he was hurt, yes. His wounded arm was throbbing. His stomach was very painful. But... when he saw the red face of Julianna, he lost it.

"Stop laughing."

"I... I can't help it. Your face... why is it so red? Pfft..."

Sa inis ni Julianna, she started kicking him.

"Kick him some more on my behalf."

Both the lover boy and certain lady were surprised when Rui suddenly jumped from that tree nearby.

"R-rui... What are you doing on that tree?"

"I was..." eavesdropping.

Hindi na itinuloy ni Rui. But Julianna kinda knew.

It was impossible for Rui to not hear them fighting (actually, it was just her beating Symeon). So most probably, he came to check on them.

Mas lalo namang namula ang mukha niya upon realizing that this guy might actually heard lahat ng pinag-usapan nila ni Symeon.

"Y-you..."

Nakatayo na naman this time si Symeon. He was really beaten thoroughly. He got wounded by a sword, was punched on stomach and even got kicked on his legs and bottom several times. But mysteriously, he felt very light today. He was even smiling.

"Ah, Brother Rui, we have worried you."

Rui looked at Symeon with complicated feelings. Then he thought, Julianna was indeed right. This lad was really stupid.

He said he was jealous of them.

How could he feel that towards them?

Rui and Julianna...

Unfortunately, even for Rui, it was unimaginable.

It was like there was a hidden rule between them that they could only remain as comrades.

Rui never thought of Julianna more than his Senior Brother and he knew Julianna was the same.

But comparing his relationship with her from Symeon and hers, Julianna was definitely more biased towards him. That... he was satisfied of.

What was unexpected for Rui, though, was the degree of development to the relationship of the two. (This sounds like a thesis problem. 🤣)

He knew Julianna was kind of careful when meeting new people. But she was very committed once she got closer to them. However, he never thought Symeon and Julianna would be swaying on romantic side. What's more, Julianna didn't seem to repel the idea at all.

He had to observe more.

Symeon would be considered as his Junior Brother since he trained him and he was also under the same Master. But it didn't mean he would approve of him that quickly. He must know if the lad really deserved Julianna.

Otherwise, didn't the lady still have him?

***

Since that day, balik normal na naman ang relasyon nila Symeon and Julianna. They would be teasing and pissing each other like the usual.

There was also some kind of tacit understanding between Symeon and Rui. Noong araw din kasi na yun, after finding out na sinusuyo ng binata si Julianna, Rui decided to challenge him for a sparring.

Of course, he defeated Symeon that easily.

Ever since, Symeon resolved to defeat Rui in a fight at least one.

It was some kind of unmentioned understanding between them as men.

Kaya kapag may oras si Symeon he would challenge Rui na agad namang pauunlakan ng isa.

But of course, matatalo lang naman niya palagi si Symeon. Because in this kind of fight, Rui would also never hold back.

'Want to woo Brother Yan? Beat me first.'

Meanwhile...

Julianna was just ignoring whatever the two were doing. Anoman ang napagkasunduan ng dalawa, it would just be between them. Isa pa, she trusted Rui. She believed whatever the lad was doing, it would be for the best.

Ang kaso, the three might have forgotten na hindi lang sila ang magkakasama.

Lancelot maybe a dullhead most of the times but since sila sila lang apat ang magkakasamang naglalakbay, he would also noticed something about it.

When Symeon was ignoring Julianna, he noticed it.

When one day, Symeon came back beaten badly, he noticed the changes between the three. Wala man siya doon as kakakuhayan ng bugbugin ni Julianna si Symeon but he had an inkling about what had happened that day.

At mas lalo namang may nahahalata siya sa tuwing magssparring sila Symeon at Rui, with the former always ended up defeated. Symeon would be in low spirit kada babalik sa camp. But when Julianna sat beside him then they would converse in low voices, he would soon be in great mood habang si Julianna naman ay maiinis sa huli.

With these things going on around him, it was impossible to Lancelot na walang mapansin.

Unfortunately for these three, wala silang kaalam alam na iba na pala ang iniisip ni Lancelot sa kanila.

Hindi rin nakatulong na nakilala ng binata si Kimiha kaya naman ng pinagtagni tagni niya ang istorya sa isipan niya, it became a love in messed up shape.

In Lancelot's mind...

'Brother Symeon is gay. He loves Brother Yan. Unfortunately, Brother Yan is in love with Sister Kimiha.

'Brother Symeon found out about it so he ignored Brother Yan these past few days.

'That day, nang magpunta sila sa gubat, Brother Yan confronted Brother Symeon. He ended up confessing. Brother Yan was pissed so he made Brother Rui beat Brother Symeon.

'Poor Brother Symeon... He only followed his heart. He was unresolved because he got beaten that day. So he would challenge Brother Rui if he had time.

'Brother Symeon, you might not be able to tell your sexual orientation to your scary father but I am sure Aunt Emy will accept you whatever the circumstances. But for your love dilemma...

'Ah... I can only cheer behind you. I am afraid to get beaten by Brother Rui and Brother Yan too. Don't worry, once we come back to Grey City, I will go with you to ask an advice with Uncle Chen and Uncle Vaughn.

'Of course, they are the perfect people to talk with with your love dilemma.

'Kaya naman, Brother Symeon... Fighting!'

Lancelot even made a small fighting gesture habang lihim na nakatingin kay Symeon na nakakabalik lang ulit mula sa gubat at pasa pasa na naman.

Then he sighed and stoke the fire again.

If these three, lalo na si Symeon, found out what this lad was thinking, malamang sa malamang they would end up coughing blood.

Ah, Lancelot... What a really dumb lad.

***