99: Divine Festival: Banquet 2

"Official Song!"

Bati ng ilang mga kaopisyales ni Official Song sa Kurazu City.

He was one of those old officials of the City and no one would have guessed that he had already turned over himself to the enemy's side.

The old official was acting really well though.

He engaged his co-officials with small talks and even had laughs with them.

There were also times in which they were being asked by these officials.

"Ah, this is my nephew from Kiasheng Province. And this pretty lady here is his daughter."

"Official Song, I do not expect your family to have such good blood."

Official Song laughed out loud. "Of course, of course..."

"Official, you really do not have to flatter us. We are actually normal looking in Kiasheng Province."

"Oh? If you are normal looking sa lagay ninyong iyan, edi wala na sanang panget sa mundo."

That caused everyone around them to laugh.

Lie Chen joined them in laughs and discussions. As for Julianna, no matter how disgusting she thought this mingling with these officials was, she was still acting accordingly.

Accordingly actually meant silent and timid as she could.

Anyway, makalipas din naman ang ilang oras, inanunsyo na din nila ang pagdating ng mga mahahalagang tao sa High Kingdom.

This was the most anticipated part for Julianna.

All these time, she only knew Hazzard amongst these people.

Noong bago sila umalis ni Carlos sa Magnolia City, hindi niya nakitang maigi ang itsura ni Emperor Matsuhiko.

She was focused grieving Atticus' death tapos naman ay pinatulog siya ni Carlos so they would be able to escape the city.

So hindi talaga niya nakita si Emperor Matsuhiko.

"The Emperor has arrived!"

Julianna focused her eyes towards the person who entered the door and followed intently once he marched towards the Emperor's seat.

She was surprised.

This dog Emperor was just like Lie Chen and Vaughn.

She knew them to be old (around 50 years old) but their physical said otherwise. If she would compare them mukha lang silang nasa late twenties.

"Uncle, I think you and that dog emperor have the same skin care. Your cryogenic feature is actually not unique."

"I know, right? Very uncomfortable. I wonder if he steals my secret."

Julianna rolled her eyes.

This must be a challenge to the mental health of Lie Chen. He was very proud of his non-aging feature. But now, he found that someone else was the same as him. She was sure it triggered his ego.

As for this dog emperor, Julianna thought he must be vain as Lie Chen too.

You see, he once asked Lie Chen why he would chose to freeze his youthful features instead of growing old naturally just like the rest of them.

He simply told her that he didn't want to be called as Weird Old Man.

He knew very well that he was already weird. If he would be labelled as old man as well, that would be a blow for him.

Seemed like the late Chief of Ming Province was used to be called by him as Weird Old Man.

This was definitely the karma of Lie Chen.

And so to prevent himself growing old like that, he went to extreme measures to research how to maintain his youthful face. Syempre dinamay niya din si Vaughn.

But it was just their physical features which were frozen. Everything else were still the same.

And since he and Vaughn were martial arts practitioners, their body would only feel old once they reached 90 to a hundred years of age. At this point of time, they were still at their prime.

Anyway, naputol ang train of thoughts ni Julianna ng mag-umpisa na ang banquet.

Foods were served per table.

There were also entertainers which played music na siyang umaaliw sa mga participants ng banquet na iyon habang kumakain sila.

Meanwhile, Lie Chen and Julianna were very careful in eating food from the banquet.

Prevention is always better than cure.

So they refrained eating much of the food there.

Isa pa, Julianna had been feeling something around them.

It was like they were being watched. Pero kapag tumitingin naman siya sa paligid nila, no one was actually paying them attention at all.

But it didn't mean she was going to be mindless and distracted now.

She had a feeling that the show was still about to start.

Hindi naman nagkamali si Julianna ng hinala niya.

Just right after they ate, Emperor Matsuhiko started to talk to all of them.

"Attention, please."

He began.

"Today, Kurazu City is celebrating its Divine Festival. It is an annual gathering for all of us. It is not only to give worship and thanks to your gods and goddesses. It is also our way to strengthen the bonds between the officials of High Kingdom and Kurazu City."

People clapped when he paused.

"Kurazu is not just a vassal city for High Kingdom. This is our second city which provides us wealth and riches others cannot provide to us. Kaya napakahalaga ng Kurazu sa akin.

"Of course, our people are also the most loyal to High Kingdom. I really appreciate that. I believe no one of you will be used by the enemies to plot against us.

"Most especially during this time. High Kingdom is bound to have its war with Magnolia City sooner or later. But I believe, the enemy will try to covet Kurazu first to limp the power of High Kingdom.

"I am hoping you will all still be loyal to me as I have never treated Kurazu differently than the people of Capital."

Agad na nagsipagluhuran ang mga opisyales sa harapan ni Emperor Matsuhiko.

Of course, labag man sa kalooban nila, Lie Chen and Julianna had to do the same thing too in order to prevent suspicions towards them.

"Your Majesty, our loyal will be only given to you!"

"Your Majesty, we do not dare betray you!"

"This Highness knows. Please rise everyone."

They all sat again to their respective seats and waited more of what would be said by Emperor Matsuhiko.

"Well, since this is such a happy event for everyone, I have a proposal to make. If I am pleased with the tributes you will be giving me today, Kurazu City will be exempted to the tribute giving for the next three years."

This caused the officials to be excited.