137: Day of the Battle 3

Julianna was shot.

She was fighting too hard, pounding enemies here and there when a gun was aimed at her heart and hit her.

She felt the pain and she fell on the ground too due to the impact.

"Nana/Brother Yan!" Miggy, Alvert and Rui surrounded her and checked how she was doing.

Julianna let out a groan then looked up towards the people around her.

"I-i am fine. The armor works. I just need to adjust to the impact." She assured them as she was massaging her chest.

Maswerte siya dahil nag-insist ang Papa niya na magsuot siya ng armor na nagmula pa sa Grey City.

She initially didn't want to. She thought it would burden her movements.

But her father was so stubborn. He wouldn't let her fight out here if she didn't do so kaya naman sinuot na din niya ito.

Out of her expectation, it was very light. As if she wasn't wearing anything at all under her clothes.

And now it had proven its worth by saving her life.

"Rest for a moment there." Alvert said and the three of them stood in front of her to battle the High Kingdom troops.

Julianna took the moment to rest. It would be a lie if she would say she wasn't shaken after being shot.

In fact, she could also use guns or other modern weapons out there. Hindi magpapatalo ang panig nila kung pagdating sa mga armas ang usapan.

Royal City invented them after all.

But as years went by, the other city found out the secret of weapon making. At hindi lang naman sa Royal City may mga matatalinong tao so eventually, these other huge cities created and improved their own version.

But then again, no matter how amazing these weapons were, they would not appeal towards Julianna. She was trained as Samurai and so she was going to stick with that as much as she could.

She flicked her hand the Dojigiri on her hand was replaced by Yamashita. It was time to see the might of this sword.

Tumayo siya at hinawakang maigi ang espada sa kanyang mga kamay. Then she once again joined the fray together with her cousins and Rui.

The three didn't say anything towards Julianna. They just let her fight together with them.

But when Julianna began her attack, they couldn't help being at awe.

They knew she was a badass when fighting. But she seemed to evolve recently and exceeded her reputation during their battle in Kurazu City.

***

Deputy General A was one of the deputy generals located at the front of the war. He and his troops were one of the frontliners.

They were fighting head on with Julianna's group and he clearly saw when she was shot by a gun on her chest.

He was quite pleased when his team was able to bring down the Princess of Magnolia City. After all, he heard the rumors of how strong she was during the Kurazu City batte. Even General Zhou couldn't defeat her.

What a disgrace!

He always knew that General Zhou was a weakling. If it wasn't because he came from the Great Generals lineage then he wouldn't be chosen to be the leading General too.

Anyway, he would have his chance to get promoted soon. And this Princess would be the key for that.

He continued commanding his troops at the same time attacking hard.

In fact, this little deputy general was very talented. The fact that his team could held up against Julianna's group this long, already speaks of his skill as deputy general. Unfortunately, he was conceited and full of himself.

When Julianna stood up again after being shot, Deputy General A was a bit shock. Pero agad din siyang nakabawi.

Familiar din naman siya sa armors. But these people seemed to be wearing a high quality type of armors so they easily recovered after receiving a gunshot without even a wound.

He saw her changed her sword and stood beside her group again.

"Guns! On formation!" He commanded with a smirk.

He wasn't stupid.

He knew these people were experts in swordfighting. Those who tried to fight them head on had no chance at all.

Kaya naman, he had his troops prepared for long range fighting.

It was obviously effective since it allowed them to last for a while.

Anyway, no matter how good their armors are, they still couldn't afford to bear this much of gunshots.

"Fire!"

But to his surprise, Julianna run ahead and faced their attacks.

Was she suicidal?

Alvert and Miggy thought so too. So they called her out and tried to catch up to her and pulled her back with them.

But Rui stopped them both.

Because of that, the distance of Julianna from them grew na kahit habulin pa nila ito ay hindi na nila mapprotektahan ang dalaga.

They watched horrifyingly as the bullets of the guns rain down on her.

Soon, the lady and Deputy General A's troop were surrounded by dust and dirt that they could no longer make out even each other's shadows.

Everyone around them stood still. Even those surrounding people who were not from Deputy General A's troops and Julianna's group had to stop fighting.

They all wanted to know if the Princess of Magnolia City was still alive after that feat.

The dust and dirt was starting to disappear and they affixed their eyes at the place where they had last seen Julianna.

To their surprise, she was still standing there without any blood on her body. She wasn't wounded at all.

What more shocking was, Deputy General A's troop were down and instead, they were the one wounded by the gun bullets.

"W-what..." Deputy General A's mouth was drying. How come this princess was unscathed? How come it was his people who were in critical condition?

Julianna stood properly and inspected the sword on her hand.

"Hmmn... Indeed a good sword. The Old Man doesn't disappoint." She muttered with a smirk on her lips.

Then she looked at Deputy General A's expression. She couldn't blame him getting floored after her feat.

Totoo... Delikado kanina ang sitwasyon niya. With all those bullets raining down on her, if she wasn't fast enough or if her sword wasn't good enough, baka wala na siya ngayon.

But then again, she had the speed and the sword, just by meeting the bullets like a tennis receive shot, it was enough to send them back to where they came from.

Impressive, eh?

***