Prologue

Your leg was rapidly bouncing up and down anxiously, the sound of  your heartbeat pounding inside your head

 Your leg was rapidly bouncing up and down anxiously, the sound of your heartbeat pounding inside your head. Ten minutes in the past and you already screwed it up, the future was ruined because of one simple mistake. You were withdrawn from your worries as your best friend appeared in the desk beside you, sliding over the ice pack. You pick it up and press it against your swelling lump on the left side of your forehead.

"Not trying to creep you out or anything, but young Steve hasn't stopped staring at you since the period started," peter subtly whispered over toward you. The pain seemed to have worsened as Peter brought that up. "wasn't Peggy supposed to be the one who got hit in the head with the basketball?"

"Can you just shut up?" you sharply whisper at your best friend. "You aren't making me feel any better Peter."

"Sorry." he apologized. He glanced over his shoulder to look at Steve again, only to find that he wasn't in his seat any longer, but now approaching you. "Uh oh. Here he comes."

 Before you could say a word, you hear Steve greet you while pulling out the chair on the other side of you and placing himself into it. Immediately, you lower your head and shift the overly large ice pack in position to hide your face from him.

"A-Are you okay? That was quite a hit you took in gym class," he said sympathetically. "also, I didn't know that you were in my chemistry class too! I guess that—"

 Steve's voice gradually faded out as you notice the entrance of teenage Peggy Carter coming into the room, giggling with her group of friends. She walks straight past you and Steve while Steve continued blabbering to you, completely oblivious about Peggy. You sigh to yourself in despair, you really messed it up this time.

————-

{ chapter one coming February 15th }