Chapter Two

The unfamiliar surface was stone cold, and your cheek was pressed up against it. The strange voices around you were murmuring with each other, which shortly turned into squeals of fear. In absolute confusion, a sudden strength came out of nowhere and you were powerfully hoisted up off the ground. You grunt in pain as the stranger slams your back against the lockers. A long groan of discomfort falls from your lips. You still felt like you were waking up from a long nap.

"You really thought you could get away this time did you?" a vicious tone of voice sneered at you. You shift your eyes toward the guy and made eye contact with light green ones. "Well, this is what you get for breaking up with me!"

Your eyes shoot wide open as the angry teenager pulled back his fist, winding it up to be darting toward you soon. You try to wiggle out from his grip, but he was too strong. You squeeze your eyes shut, internally praying that the pain wouldn't be too strong.

"Let her go bud!" a recognizable voice shouted. It was Peter. You crack one eye open to see him surrounded by handsome and beautiful teenage girls and boys. None of which you knew, or had even seen before. "I'll take care of her instead."

You yelp in surprise as the brute released you from his grasp. Peter shooed away the unknown faces and approached you with his hand stretched you. In complete bewilderment, you take his hand and he lifts you up to your feet. He made sure that everybody wasn't focusing on you and him before he automatically switched back to the giddy Peter Parker you knew.

"I can't believe this [Y/N]!" he exclaimed quietly, gripping tightly on your hands. "We actually went back in time! This is incredible!"

"Incredible?!" you blurt unhappily. "I almost died just a few seconds ago!"

"Oh come on, you've been through worse," peter scoffed, patting you lightly on the shoulder. "I don't know how long you've been out, but apparently in this universe, I'm popular."

"This has to be a dream," you proclaim, lazily running your fingers through your hair. "I just think tha—" your vocabulary completely disappeared as your eyes fell upon a figure that looked like the teenage version of Captain America strolling down the hallway. "There's no way."

Peter whipped around, following your line of sight, spotting the same person you were glaring at in astonishment. Peter gasped and seized your arm, shaking you in excitement.

"It's young cap [Y/N]!" peter declared excitedly. His hand falls from your arm and starts flailing his arms in the air. "Steve! Hey! Steve! Over here!"

The second Steve started rotating his head, you sharply clutched onto Peter's arm and hauled him to hide behind a big group of teenagers.

"Are you insane?!" you chastised harshly. "If we interact with young Steve, who knows what problems that could lead to!"

"Come on [Y/N]!" peter pleaded. "I want to see how he was in his teenage years. We can watch him fall in love with Peggy. We can see the entire story unfold right in front of our eyes. You can't deny romance [Y/N], especially you. I know you. I can't be the only one who wants to see Steve and Peggy get together."

"Are you talking about Steve Rogers and Peggy Carter?" a random high voice asked, pulling you back into realization that you were hiding behind a group of people your age. You and Peter straighten up as the eyes of the teenagers were focused on you. "Peggy is way out of Steve's league. There's literally no way."

Peter scoffed at their comment. Little did they know, they were practically made for each other. Peter took your hand and went off to talk about the situation elsewhere. On the way, an obnoxious bell sounded off, startling the both of you. Everybody in the hallways began scrambling together, dashing to class. You didn't know where to go, but your hand still connected with Peters, he guided you the direction Steve was heading.

Before you knew it, you were inside a gymnasium full of rambunctious teens. It was extremely different than Midtown High gym. A violent whistle pierced through the air, making you and Peter cover your ears. You didn't like this high school so far.

"ROLL CALL!"

Everyone scrambled together as you and Peter remained in the same spot. You kept your eyes on Steve, still unable to process the situation. It was insane that he was physically present. The large coach began calling out people's names.

"PEGGY CARTER!"

"Here coach!"

Peter perked up. "Oh my gosh! I totally forgot! This is the famous first meeting story!" peter said in remembrance, turning to look at you. "This is when Peggy gets hit in the head with a basketball and Steve notices her!" peter explained, smiling widely. "And here we are, front row seats to see the action unfold."

"Cap has never told me about that story before."

Peter shrugged. "You'll just have to experience it for yourself."

Peter folded his arms across his chest, suddenly jumping in surprise from an unexpected hand slamming onto his right shoulder. He turned to see who it was, only to find his eyes continuing to rise up the tall figure.

"Why are you hanging around her?" he asked, glaring at you in disgust. Apparently in this universe, you were one of the losers. "Come over and join us, we've got better things to do."

Peter tried to stay, but the guy being ten times taller and stronger, dragged Peter off. It wasn't long until the loud voice of the coach screamed your name. Your heart skipped a beat and turned to see all the students staring at you.

"YOU'RE LATE TO ROLL CALL!" he called out unhappily, his face completely tomato red. "BASE LINE [Y/L/N]!"

You didn't move a muscle until he shrieked "NOW!" which sent you sprinting toward the baseline. On the way, everyone moved out of your way, treating you as if you had some sort of dangerous disease. You were really not liked. On the way, your shoelace was undone and you trip on it, immediately getting caught by a pair of hands. You regain balance and thank the savoir, only to make eye contact with the well known ocean blue eyes.

You gulp dryly, Steve caught you. The popular words echoed through the gym and everything seemed to go slow motion from there. Steve twisted around and immediately dropped to the ground and next thing you knew, the horrific pain of a basketball making contact with your face was felt immediately after. Everything around you was fading away as you plummet to the ground, footsteps running up toward you thumped through your head.

Peter really jinxed the situation, telling you that you had to experience it for yourself, because here you were, in the place that Peggy was supposed to be in. A wave of blackness fell over you as Steve and Peter looking down at you in worry were the last things seen.

🌠🌠🌠🌠🌠

Hello!

Thanks for giving this book a chance, it honestly means the absolute world to me. I've had this idea on my mind for a while and I just decided to write it out.

I hope that you guys will be able to stick with me throughout this journey, and if not, thanks for the read anyways.

Updates will be every Saturday.

I love you all 3000 <3