s. XX

Anni and Kai had only been gone for the day. It really wasn't long but yet, it felt like it had been longer.

The base got attacked only half an hour after Kai and Anni left to go back to Tatooine. Once they arrived back the whole place was empty. There were dead bodies and burning buildings seen around.

The only issue was that Kai had no idea this was happening.

In all honesty, Kai was going to really stay again. He hadn't even told the New Order where he planned on going, and he had disabled the tracker in his TIE fighter.

Anni and Kai both stood there with their respective lightsabers in their hands. Kai was now using the legacy saber and Anni was holding her grandmother's in her hand. She had let her father use her own for the time being.

Anni shook her head as she wearily walked around. "Mom? Dad?" She muttered, in hopes that if they were still on the planet then maybe they would be able to hear her.

Kai was happy Anni trusted him enough not to think that he was behind all this.

The two of them had been through a lot together, and Anni knew Kai only cared about keeping her safe. Even if rules ended up being broken and people ended up twisting their lives around.

Kai sighed as he looked around. "Anni, I really don't feel any life forces he-" Kai was stopped when a little boy came running out of the building.

Anni turned to see the boy running straight towards Anni. "Master Solo!" He cried out and latched onto her leg. Anni smiled a bit and kneeled down to hold the boy close.

"Tye... Oh force I'm so happy you're okay... Tye, where is everybody? What happened here?" Anni asked and watched as Tye shook his head.

"We need to leave. H-He went crazy." Tye said, he was starting to cry. Anni shook her head and pulled away from him.

"Who did?" Anni asked and furrowed her brows. She could feel Kai was looking around the area they landed to make sure there was no one else here.

"It wasn't... It wasn't... Master Solo it couldn't have been him. It wasn't him." Tye was still crying, and Anni knew she couldn't get much out of him.

Anni turned to give a look to Kai. She sighed and looked back towards the Falcon.

"Is there any one else here that's alive?" Kai asked the boy and got down on his knees next to Anni.

Tye shook his head. "I don't know... I don't think so. I hid and they were taking everyone. They killed most of the resistance members but he wanted all of the-" Tye was cut off.

"The Jedi Order trainee's?" Anni asked and watched as Tye nodded. He then hugged Anni again and she closed her eyes. She breathed out and felt Kai's hand fall on her shoulder.

"There's something I need to... Need to tell you about." Kai said to Anni. Anni turned to look over at him. "Something that Alec was planning, that he never told you about."

Anni breathed out and furrowed her brows before picking Tye up and leaning him against her shoulder.

"Let's get in the Falcon and get out of here." She looked around.

"Are you sure? Are you sure Laila is okay?" Kai asked her as he turned to open up the entrance to the Falcon.

"I would be able to feel it." She said before breathing in sharply. "I just want to know what's going on." Anni said before giving a look to Kai.

"I didn't know they would attack, but I do know who could be behind this..." Kai said honestly before leading Anni into the Falcon.

Once inside they laid Tye down for rest. Anni sat in the cockpit with Kai nervously. She bounced her leg and tried to remain calm.