s. XXIV

All that was left was to talk to Kai about the plan, and that was going to be rough.

Kai had honestly already been through a lot. He put trust in Alec because he felt alone. He was stuck on Tatooine not knowing what was in his future and how he could shape himself into who he wanted to be.

Though, his problem with that was he never knew who he wanted or was destined to be. A Jedi? At that point in his life he barely knew anything about them. He didn't know his father, and part of him felt alone.

He still didn't have a great relationship with his father. He only was here now and it seemed like Anni had so much time to bond with him but Kai still felt alone.

He trusted Alec because he truly believed he could bring his father back and keep his family safe. It was obvious everything had backfired on him, and now he felt horrible. Kai laid in the cell as he stared down at the floor.

A part of him contemplated death. Maybe, it would make it easier for his family to live on. Kai was just going to be a burden and things would never be the same after he worked for the New Order. It couldn't ever go back to the way it was.

Kai couldn't dream about what he really wanted to do anymore.

Anni was always good with mechanics. She worked fixing droids for travellers and was always working on something. She scavenged for things in wreckages and old ships in order to make things. She was so good at it and Kai always felt embarrassed that he was never able to do the same.

Kai had always dreamed about being a hero. Helping people and teaching others. He wanted to be a public figure, maybe even a senator. Though, that would never happen.

Until he found Alec. He was given the option to figure out who he was, keep his family safe, and the person he thought was always missing from his life. He took that opportunity not understanding the dark side and what it would all lead to.

Now, he sat in the dark. Tears pricking at his eyes as he realized the stakes of the situation at hand. He didn't know anything that was going on outside the cell. The New Order wasn't happy with him, and he doubted Kylo Ren was either.

Maybe even this version of his father would still be dissapointed in him...

Kai suddenly looked up when the door opened and someone stepped in. It had been days since he had seen anyone besides a stormtrooper bringing him food.

It was his mother. He gasped before sitting up more. "Mom?"

"Kai, dear..." She got onto the ground to hug him tightly. "Kai... There's so much I have to explain to you. For now, you need to come to the throne room. It's the only private place here where we can tell you about everything." She said before reaching over and unlocking his chains with the force.

Kai stopped when she did that. "Why didn't I think of that?" He asked before standing up. Rey then quickly grabbed his shoulder to lead him out and into the throne room.

Once inside, Kai nervously looked over at his father who was pacing the room. He looked and felt different. Kai couldn't help but wonder what the hell had happened while he was locked up.

Kai noticed Anni was standing on the side of the room looking out of a window. She had the baby in her arms. She turned to see Kai and smiled. She set the baby down in the crib that had been wheeled inside before running back over to him.

Anni quickly hugged Kai, and he was almost surprised by it.

He had spent days feeling alone and suddenly he remembered that Anni was still willing to care for him, even after everything.