2 | The Call

[ BANG PD-nim's POV ]

Beep. Beep. Beep. Beep.

The constant sound of my cell phone ringing made me annoyed. Why would anyone contact me when I said that I was going to be busy with work at Busan? Curse these idiots. I told them to not bother me the few days that I was away from Seoul and they find that time just to call me at 8.30 p.m.

I sighed and pressed answer. A panicked voice echoed through the speaker.

'Hello??? M-manager-nim!!! Finally. Oh my god you have to come to Seoul right now!!!' I heard my co-manager say in a hurried tone with rapid breaths.

'Aish Seungmin. What is it now? Did Namjoon break the speaker set again??' I replied in an exasperated voice.

'What?? No! it wasn't Namjoon but-'

'Wait-' I cut in. 'Don't tell me Jin broke it this time!'

'NO!! MANAGER-NIM JUNGKOOK GOT IN TO AN ACCIDENT!'

I stood up as my eyes went wide.

'Seungmin if this is some kind of a stupid prank I aint falling for it okay??' I said in disbelief.

'I'm dead serious manager-nim. You can fire me if you think I'm kidding'

Silence.

'S-Seungmin' I tried really hard not to panic. 'ARE YOU TELLLING ME THAT JUNGKOOK WAS IN THE MIDDLE OF A CAR ACCIDENT?'

'I'm sorry Manager-nim but he insisted on taking the front seat and while we were heading to the new venue, without a warning the Palisade jerked and skidded off the road and was hit onto a large oak on a slope. It all happened so fast and thankfully no one was injured but.... '

'But what??' my heart was thundering in my ribcage in an uncountable speed as I waited for his reply.

'No one was injured, except Jungkook; the airbag didn't open on his side and he knocked his head in a huge force that he became unconscious'

I let out a string of curses under my breath. 'WHO WAS THE DRIVER AT THAT TIME?? WASN'T HE LOOKING WHERE THE HELL HE WAS GOING??? WE CAN'T AFFORD JUNGKOOK TO BE INJURED...THEIR WORLD TOUR IS JUST A MONTH AWAY AND WE CAN'T CANCEL ALL THOSE SOLD OUT STADIUMS!!! WHERE IS HE NOW? WAS HE HURT ANYWHERE ELSE?'

'I know manager-nim. He's currently at the hospital but he's s-still u-unconscious'

'I can't BELIEVE THAT YALL COULD BE SO RECKLESS AT SUCH A TIME LIKE THIS WHEN I'M AWAY FROM SEOUL. I'M TAKING THE NEXT TAXI TO THERE NO MATTER WHAT IT COSTS. AND IF SOMETHING ELSE HAS HAPPENED TO HIM AND IF HE DOESN'T WAKE UP ONCE I'M THERE...YALL CAN ALL SAY GOODBYE TO YOUR FUTURE'

I ended the call and slammed the phone on the table as I headed out to collect my belongings.

1 hour later-

Venue: Seoul Medical Care Hospital

Time was passing really fast and I couldn't comprehend what was happening. I've been seated outside the emergency care ward for more than 15 minutes and with every passing second, fear and uncertainty started hitching in my throat.

Suddenly, I heard a sound of ruffling feet and I looked up to see Taehyung running towards me.

'Manager-nim' he said in ragged breaths. 'J-Jungkook-' he pointed to the now halfway closed door of one of the rooms. In a second I was on my feet, following him fast as possible that my feet would go.

Taehyung opened the door and I stood close by him as I entered. There were nurses everywhere, walking from side to side with various medical equipments. My eyes travelled around the room and stopped on the hospital bed.

Jungkook was lying motionless, his face pale and covered up in tiny plasters where the scars of the shattered glass had been. My heart was beating rapidly and I took a deep breath as I made my way towards the doctor.

He looked up from his clipboard where he was scribbling some notes while glancing at an X-ray. I cleared my throat, attempting to hide my worry.

'Um- doctor, what is Jungkook's condition??? Is he going to recover soon?'

Please tell me yes. Please tell me that this would all be over.

The doctor kept down his clipboard and gave a sad smile. 'I guess you must be his manager, am I right?'

'Yes, you're correct' I replied hastily.

'Regarding his speed recovery, I'm afraid to say that he won't. The sudden shock from the accident had a huge impact on his brain and he has damaged one of his nerves and he has a traumatic head injury. Although he doesn't have many serious physical wounds, his mental health is not good at all and he has gone to a coma and I'm sorry to tell you that I can't assure that he will wake up. It might most probably be a permanent condition.'

I heard an audible gasp behind me which was Taehyung's.

'You got to be kidding me! You're LYING. Don't lie to me like this!' Taehyung yelled; his voice raspy and tears threatening to pool down his eyelids.

'HE'S WHAT?' I asked in disbelief again, unable to comprehend what the doctor said.

'I know, it must be hard to accept it. I'm sorry but we will do everything we can but don't keep your hopes up. He only has a 10% chance of survival'

And with that the doctor exited the room while Taehyung started sobbing softly by Jungkook's side; his hand holding on to the younger's wrist.

-ꕥ . ꕥ . ꕥ-

A/N: FINALLY made myself update this book in almost 3 months. Jeez these exams are getting on my nerves TT Yet, my updating schedules will be affected by them so I'm not exactly sure when I would post the next chapter but I WILL asap. Hope u like the story so far, do comment ur thoughts or vote. This isn't a taekook book although it has some scenes where Taehyung is specially soft for Jungkook, his best friend and his cute maknae fyi that u wont be confused. Thank you for reading. Have a great day :)