3 | The D9H

[BangPD-nim's POV]

[BangPD-nim's POV]

It's been three days.

Three days since Jungkook was unconscious, three days since he was lying motionless, and three days since we brought him here; to D9H.

The D9H also known as the District 9 Headquarters was a secret underground laboratory that operated without the awareness of the government. When they said secret, they actually meant secret cuz a person who enters could never exit these walls again. They worked here 24\7, they lived here in special dorms and none of the workers or scientists could ever spill or leak any information behind these walls without the head scientist not knowing. Equipped with thick soundproof walls and soundproof sheets of glass, there were 9 sectors in this headquarters, specialized in 9 unique divisions. The lab scientists who were assigned to a sector could not even cross over to another sector without the head's permission. This lab was one of the most specialized yet secret research facilities in the world which only a few authorized person's had access to. I was lucky to get in contact with them.

I glanced around the room, waiting for the head scientist to appear. As this was one of the places with the highest security and technology, I myself didn't have access to exit this own room once the door was shut. I had seen a few research rooms on my way here and damn, I was taken aback at the amount of tech they had here; the spotless shining glass tiles, the entire neon bluish and white hues; this was entirely designed by such a futuristic iconic interior. I would be surprised if there's nothing that they couldn't ever make in this lab.

 I would be surprised if there's nothing that they couldn't ever make in this lab

Tling.

My head turned as the automatic steel doors whooshed opened as the code and authorized fingerprint was inserted to the system from the outside.  Dr. Minwoo strode in, his black glasses perched on his nose with a serious look on his face. He had been examining Jungkook for 3 days at the laboratory under special conditions. I prayed that he held good news.

He passed me straight ahead and stood in front of me with a small smile of greeting etched on his face.

'Hello Mr. Shi-Hyuk. It's nice to meet you again, I'm sorry for keeping you waiting but I had some important business to attend to'

I bowed in greeting 'It's nice to meet you too doctor, and no, it was fine. I'm sure you're busy with your routines'

'Shall I accompany you straight into the room where Jungkook is kept so that I can explain his condition more well?' he asked in a questioning manner.

At first I wasn't even sure whether I'd actually get to see Jungkook in the first place but I was really happy at his offer. I agreed without hesitation and followed him out of the room.

A few moments later-

He was so pale.

There were a few tubes attached to his wrist and a tiny monitor which kept track of his heartbeat. His hair was pulled back, revealing his forehead and the tiny plasters were replaced with new ones. If the heart monitor didn't indicate his heartbeat, he might as well look dead.

And that thought still shook me making cold chills run down my spine.

'So doctor, how is he?'

'As I told you before, he's still under medication but we couldn't do much since his state isn't very stable. Although him coming to consciousness can be quite uncertain to state a specific time, we did work on your request that you asked' he replied smiling.

'The Human Cloning?'

As much as I hated doing anything to Jungkook, there was no choice. We couldn't publicly reveal to the world that he was in such state. I hated fooling Armys as well but at the same time I knew that if they knew the exact truth, they won't be able to bear it. They would regret knowing it. And we weren't capable of handling 24 million Armys trauma in addition to this situation. I really thought about this decision and discussed it with the closest people. The members really wanted to visit him too but unfortunately, they weren't allowed. After many hours of arguing and balancing the pros and cons we came into an agreement.

'Yes, as I had already informed you, we had successfully cloned a living human being for the first time in the world; flawless but we wouldn't want to reveal this statement just now because of many consequences, but-'

'But- what??'

'When we clone a person flawlessly, it means that it is an actual living replica of the person; the emotions, the feelings, the memories, it all should match to the other subject. And in order to do that, we need to collect specialized dna and other cells of the real person to complete our procedure. But since Jungkook is in a coma and hurt one of his nerves connecting to the brain as well, his brain is functioning at its lowest stage of alertness so we really couldn't extract some of the few cells we needed since we didn't want to damage any part of his brain in the process'

I exhaled deeply as I took in all the information. 'Okay, I understand doctor'

'This wouldn't have occured to a normal healthy human being but since he is already a bit weak our specialized care doctors tried our best with this. I think we will be able to get a successful result' Dr. Minwoo said smiling.

'Thank you so much doctor, I appreciate your hard work and efforts'

'Let's discuss further in a few minutes, just let me introduce you to the specialized doctor who is in full time care of looking after Real Jungkook'

A girl stepped out into the light, her long waves of blonde hair hanging lightly over her shoulders and her heels clicking on the glass floor. 

'Please meet Celeste Moon; our most qualified research scientist and dna specialist'

-ꕥ . ꕥ . ꕥ- 

[BTW: Shi-Hyuk is Bang PD-nim's full name if yall didnt already know..its Bang Shi-Hyuk]

A/N: So...it's been some time since I updated eh?? I'm so sorry but I get caught up in life itself that I don't get much free time to spare *sigh* but here's the update yall hv been waiting for!! I'm so happy that I actually finished writing one chapter although its 03.30am rn lmao.. but here's the beginning of the new adventure of the plot..who do you think celeste would be? what kind of a person? a badass or even someone entirely new? what would happen? comment ur thoughts below I'd love to hear them. And lastly tysm for reading :) do vote if u liked the chapter ❤❤ily

-zara