22 Calm After The Storm

"Oh dear these set of kids are so troublesome." Sakura said as she slumped into her chair.

"What did they do?" Kimi asked.
"One of the boys asked me to go on a date with him, one little girl just kept crying and trying to run away from the injection. I know shots hurt but it's not my fault. I even bribed her with candy! Its all so frustrating i don't know how sasuke manages to deal with them all the time."

" He has a thing for kids and kids like him, i don't know why they don't seem to like you." Miku said.

"Arrghhh!! What am i gonna do." Sakura whined.

"You deal with it. Aren't you a pediatric doctor?"

"Sasuke!! When did you get here?" Sakura asked startled by his sudden appearance.

"Just now, isn't it obvious?

" oh please spare me the smart mouth."

One month earlier (Sasuke's POV)

"My injuries were worse than they looked, after that rush of adrenaline i passed out. Everything went black. I had woken up to blinding white lights. This wasn't surprising at all it was something I was quite used to. My vision was still blurry my mind was in a fog like state. I knew i was forgetting something very important, but i didn't know what.

I saw the silhouette of a person. Dad? Then it all clicked.

" Kuhiro." I managed to mutter. My throat was dry and it was difficult to speak. The person whom i suspected to be my dad came closer.

"Its okay, Kuhiro is gone, she can't hurt us anymore." He said soothingly.

Kuhiro was gone? I didn't understand. Kuhiro was here in the hospital threatening to kill people just a few minutes ago. I tried to speak again but only let out a streak of coughs. "Water"
I drank from the glass of water it instantly soothed my aching throat. I felt much better.

"Rest, i'll get Shizuka to check up on you." With that he left the room. I let the wave if sleep wash over me.

When i woke up this time, i felt much better than before. I saw Aunt Shizuka sitting beside me holding a chart.

"I guess you have alot of questions." She said and i nodded.

"First you've been passed out for nine days. All the kids are fine and have been discharged." Shizuka took a deep breath before continuing. I knew she was about to say something devastating.

" Kuhiro killed herself. "

Everything seemed to pause that instant. Kuhiro was evil but to end her own life. I almost felt the urge to vomit i worked to save lives and someone just took her own life.

"What about Yumei and Yukio?" I asked.

"She was never their mother, they were adopted. Your father is going through the contracts to fully adopt them properly." At least that was relieving. Those innocent kids won't have to suffer anymore.

"Rest so that you'll recover faster." Shizuka said before leaving the room.

I began to reflect on the things that have happened so far. The car crash, how i almost died. But mom saved me. Mom. I suddenly remembered her death anniversary should be in two days time i definitely have to go.