2. Gemini Club

Waiting for the twins was not one of my favorite past-times. They were always late to their own set times. It was irritating and just flat out rude.

  "Look who -" Leo started.

  "- made it," Jaxson finished.

  I didn't turn from my leaning position against the dorm building's entrance. "You guys are little shits. Make me wait out here for you both."

  "Oh, we were here," they replied.

  I rounded on them. "What?" I snarled.

  "We just wanted to see how dedicated you are. You passed. We trust you the most out of anybody."

  "I doubt that."

  "More than our own mother. Welcome to day one of skipping Extras."

  "No, the only day. I don't plan on skipping with you guys again. I don't know how Gemini roll, but Aquarius show up."

  They laughed, their eyes somehow shining in the dark. "Doing something against the rules only brings you to be thirsty for more. You will skip with us again."

  "I'll give you each ten bucks if I ever skip again during this month. You both give me twenty if I don't," I bet.

  They smiled devilishly. "That was one of the easiest ways we have ever gotten twenty dollars."

  "What were the others?" I inquired.

  These boys were full of mystery. I'm glad they were here, but they got away with a lot of stuff. I don't know how they did it. Zodiacs had eyes everywhere at all times.

  "You wouldn't want to know. Not until you've skipped more Extras." They began to snicker. Oh, how they needed to grow up.

  I shook my head. "So, what are we doing?"

  "Glad you asked."

°^°^°

  Turns out we were just going to the extra dorm building that was empty. It was confusing that there even was an extra dorm building. Everyone knew there were twelve zodiacs. What would a thirteenth building accomplish?

  Leo opened the door for me and I stepped inside. It was completely dark and silent. What were we doing here?

  "We're going down," Jaxson whispered.

  I flinched at the sudden soft voice. He hadn't spoken with Leo. And it was just himself. I was almost surprised. But then again, he did just say he trusted me.

  And we're going down? Down where? This was ground level. There was no more "down."

  Leo walked over to the stairs. That was up, last I checked. Suddenly, as if hearing my thoughts, he sharply turned to the wall underneath the stairs. He flashed me a smirk as he tapped on the wall.

  A clunking noise came from the other side and a small opening slid from the wall. A quiet sound vibrated from the opening. What was that?

  "Char, it's Leo."

  A hissing came from the opening but this sounded human, not mechanic. "Leo, where you been, man? Jaxson out there too?"

  Yellow eyes appeared in the opening. "Yeah. Let us in."

  More clunking gears and groaning mechanics and a doorway appeared before us. This was awesome. And so against the rules.