Prologue

Unedited

   The winter air was cold, the wind made it seem as though it was freezing. A decent layer of snow covered the ground and trees. Making their brown limbs look white.

   They were gathered around a hunk of stone. Dressed up in black, which made the snow their feet were covered in look much brighter.
    There was a man in a nice looking suit talking to the surrounding hoard of people. Reciting some piece from the Bible as he waved one hand around dramatically. Some people around him were crying, others were glossy eyed.
    One stuck out in particular. The boy with thick glasses and a rough looking suit was standing close to where they cleared out the snow, allowing everyone to see the dead grass. He didn't understand why they decided to have a funeral in the middle of winter, but I guess there's nothing you can do when you die during this time, right?. Anyway, the boy also stood tall with black curly hair, which was messy and unkept.
He had a red rose in his hand as tears fell down his cheeks, that were red due to the cold nipping at them.

   Richard Tozier, that was the sad boy's name. No, sad was an understatement. The boy looked devastated, and it made the person watching feel even more upset than he already felt.

    Richie's eyes avoided looking at the stone, not wanting to read the words engraved into it. 'Cause if he did, he'd break down even more.
   The boy next to him, William Denbrough, bumped him to get his attention. The black haired boy looked at him. "Are you okay" he mouthed, knowing the answer already but he asked anyway. He shook his head as he looked away from the boy he once considered his best friend.

   He stood far away as he watched the people that once stood around the useless stone started putting the roses onto the closed casket. Some walked away afterwards. Not wanted to see someone they once knew being buried.
   The hidden boy watched sadly as Richie Tozier walked over to the glossy red-brown coffin. The red rose fell from his fingers as he let go. It landed with a bounce.

    Rich lingered after everyone left, well everyone but William; or Bill as most people called him. He stayed, watching as the black haired boy stared at the ground, where a box that contained the body of someone he once knew was now .

   "Rich... wuh-we should go before it starts to snow." The reddish brown haired boy said shoving his hands into his pockets. He knew that if it started snowing that they would get stuck there.
Richie looked up at him, "okay." He whispered as he looked at the light gray headstone. He then turned and started walking away.

   He waited till he knew they were gone before walking up to the stop that was not too long ago surrounded by people.

   Once he got close he bent down in front of the clean, shiny stone. He sighed as he brought his hand up to trace the letters,

E
D
W
A
R
D

J
A
M
E
S

K
A
S
P
B
R
A
K

"I'm sorry." He whispered to no one in particular.