1

Unedited

  Eddie Kaspbrak woke up to the sound of his Mom pounding on the door

Eddie Kaspbrak woke up to the sound of his Mom pounding on the door. Only to hear her sweet, yet sour voice; "Eddie-Bear, it's time to get up! Don't forget to take your pill sweetheart." The boy huffed at the thought of having to take the abundance of pills that waited for him in the kitchen.
He didn't dare to question his Mom about the endless amount of pills he had to take because he understood. He was sick, why else would he need to take them?

"I'm up, Mom!" The boy yelled sitting up in his bed. He listened and waited until he heard his Mother's steps, signifying that she was no longer outside his room. He then got up and walked over to his dresser.
He ended up picking out red gym shorts and a light pink button too, not caring if they didn't match or that he might be made fun of for wearing pink.

Once he was finished getting ready, he grabbed his fanny pack. Which sat neatly on top of a stand next to his door.
He walked out of his room and immediately heard the sound of his mother's TV. Eddie sighed before dragging himself down the hall.

"Sweetheart, don't forget your pills," his Mother's voice calls out cause him to jump a little in fright. Not understanding her need to tell him again, as if she thinks he would forget.
At this point it's a routine for him. He wakes up, takes pills, eats, goes to school then repeats step two a few more times while eating very small meals two times a day. Breakfast and dinner.
Four times a day he has to shove pills down his throat. Sometimes even more, and it seems like his Mom adds a new one every other day.

"I'm taking them now, Mommy!" He said loud enough for her to hear but not loud enough to be considered yelling.
He grabbed one bottle at a time. Making sure he got one, or two in some cases, out of each bottle. Setting them in a small pile before taking them one by one, without water may I add.

The brunette has gotten so used to taking pills that he could do it without anything to help them done.
He started practicing after the first time his Mother forced him to take them without water. The boy could still tell you how it felt and how he coughed... but now, he could do it with no problem. Which made his Mom happy, happy knowing that her son could now take a pill at any time and anyplace.

Once the boy was done he walked to the living room and stood in the doorway, "can I walk to school now, Mommy?" She looked at him as if she was debating something.
After a few minutes of silence she nodded, "yes Honey, just make sure to stay on the sidewalk and stay off the grass," he nodded as he grabbed his book bag. He then turned to the door, only to be stopped by his mother's voice,
"Make sure to stay away from that Tozier Kid, Eddie-Bear. He will corrupt you." He nodded before walking out of the house, not before telling his mother that he loves her.

If only she knew that Richie wasn't going to be the one to corrupt him.