97

A few months later:

I'm having breakfast with Peter and I start feeling sick. I make it to the bathroom just in time. I hadn't realize Peter followed me until I felt him pull my hair back for me. He handed me a towel and I looked up at him to say thank you and saw him smiling. "Is this amusing to you" "No baby, I'm smiling because I'm thinking this means I'm going to be a daddy soon and that makes me happy" he says and I smile at him. "I better make a doctors appointment to make sure. But I think you're right. I hadn't realized it but it's been a while since my last period and I feel like I've gained weight. Until now I kinda just figured it was because I hadn't been working out" I say. He smiles and helps me up and I brush my teeth. I call the Dr's office and they are able to fit me in for the next morning. When we get there I go through the whole process. Now Peter and I are waiting for the Dr to come back in. She walks in and confirms what we had already suspected. "Mr. and Mrs. Hernandez, you're gonna be parents" she says and Peter and I look at each other and smile then he kisses me. "I'd like to do an ultrasound since it appears you might be a couple months along. Would that be okay?" she asks and I nod my head. She sets everything up and I lay down. Peter is holding my hand and were both looking at the monitor. "Well from the day of your last menstrual cycle and the measurement of the fetus I would say you're about 9 to 10 weeks." Peter smiles at me and squeezes my hand. "Does the fetus look okay?" I ask. "Oh they look perfect!" she says. "I'm sorry, did you say They?" Peter asks. "Yes, you're having twins, congratulations!" she says. "Twins? Are you sure?" I ask. "Yes. See..." She says pointing to the monitor. "Twins... Wow!" Peter says smiling but I can tell he's nervous. "I'm gonna give you some vitamins I need you to take. I'll be back in a few minutes with your prescription" she says and leaves. I look over at Peter "Baby what's wrong?" "Nothing my love, I'm just nervous. We're not gonna have one baby, we're gonna have two. LaLa, baby, do you think I'm going to be a good dad?" "Oh Peter of course you are! You're great with the boys and Mila! I can only imagine how wonderful you're going to be with ours. We can do this baby!" I say and I see his smile return and he hugs me and kisses me. "Twins? Well alright! You think the world is ready?" he askss and chuckles. "Baby the world wasn't ready for you. I don't know how they're gonna handle two little Bruno's" I say and giggle. "No baby, a little Bruno and a little LaLa" he says "Well we'll see about that Peter Gene" I say and he hugs me again. "I can't wait to tell everyone" he says.