•Chapter 2• [The Blue Submarine]

================================================================================================================================================================================================================================

—Where do we come from?—

—What are we?—

—Where are we going?—

========================================================================================================================

A groan was the only sound that was heard in the medical bay of the starship resting on the seafloor as Y/N lazily woke up on a hospital bed he previously fell asleep on. The medical room slowly lit up again, the EMH didn't seem to move from his spot, at all. He just sat there, looking at a digital screen, which was honestly not that surprising considering there isn't that much to do on a Starship for an EMH. 

"How long was I asleep?" asked Y/N with a yawn.

"12 hours, 17 minutes and 01 seconds," replied the EMH with little to no care in his tone of voice.

"Did anything happen while I was asleep?" questioned Y/N as he lazily got off the hospital bed and started to stretch his body.

"Nothing worth noting regarding the ship. But the radar picked up a submarine of sorts a few hundred meters away. Its energy pattern is the same as the unmanned ships in the open seas, however, this vessel has been detected with human life signatures on board," said the EMH. The EMH had direct access to ship logs and even the ship controls to some degree. The access was given to him by Y/N who said that he needed someone to send a distress signal if something were to happen to him and he was unable to activate a distress beacon.

"So, it's a variable then. How many human life signs?" asked Y/N as he walked towards a machine in the far end of the room, this machine was the Tea Maker 3000. ...What? Y/N loves his tea.

"Five human life signs, one unknown," said the EMH as he also took a sip from his mug of... the satan spawn known as "coffee". Y/N's rose with intrigue, an unidentified life signature not of extraterrestrial origin. "They've changed their curse."

"Is that a good thing?" asked Y/N hoping to hear 'yes', but instead the EMH just shook his head.

"They're heading right for us. I believe their radar has detected us," stated the EMH. Y/N only sighed, he didn't even have time to prepare a speech and somebody was already on his tail. Though to be fair, he did kind of destroy their rocket. 

"Sigh, I'm taking a turbo-lift to the bridge," said Y/N as he walked out of the medical bay and into the turbo-lift already waiting for him. It didn't take even a minute to get to the very top of the ship where the bridge was located in the centre of the saucer section. Y/N walked out of the turbo-lift and sat on his favourite chair, he nearly spilt his Earl Grey tea on his shirt in the process. Y/N patiently waited and watched his HUD screen that showed his ship, USS Avalon, and a lone yellow dot in front of it which was steadily coming closer and closer.

"Hail them," with Y/N's simple command, the ship tried hailing the submarine that was unwaveringly coming closer but failed to contact it.

CANNOT ESTABLISH TRANSMISSION FREQUENCY.

That... made thing "slightly" harder for Y/N. The submarine soon came into the view and stopped just a few meters in front of the Avalon's saucer. Y/N's mind was in overdrive trying to find a way to properly contact the submarine but ultimately found none. Many possible scenarios played out in Y/N's mind, one of them was the possibility of the submarine engaging in combat with the USS Avalon, which would only make things harder for Y/N.