The Risen

Alpha Michael was dead though, my father had made sure he was executed after the river incident with my mom so how...?

I turned around to look for where the smell was coming from, the stench was coming from a young man, maybe 18 years old, he was alone though, without anyone else to assist him. I pondered how he could have Alpha Michael's scent but then realized, he was his son, the heir of that disgusting man, what kind of woman would ever mate with him? And how did he find his mate quickly enough to impregnate her before he was killed?

"Belle? Alpha Belle? Hey, are you okay?" I heard the mixed calls of Macy, Nichole, and Alpha Riley from behind me which pulled me out of my worried trance as I tore my gaze away from the guy to meet eyes with Macy who was standing in front of me with a concerned expression on her face, that look made my heartache.

"Ah... Yes I'm fine, I just got a bit distracted is all" I said, keeping my voice calm even though my wolf was begging for me to attack Alpha Michael's hier right then and there. Alpha Riley relaxed slightly, but Nichole and Macy stayed tense, I shouldn't have let my thoughts take control of me like that because now it set my mate and Beta into a worried state, not that the situation was already stressful enough as is, I mentally smacked myself in the forehead for making such a foolish mistake before putting on a kind, fake smile once again.

"When are you planning for the official meeting to start Alpha Riley?" I asked, trying to keep the atmosphere friendly,

"Not much longer, 20 minutes tops" his voice was matured but underneath it, I could hear there was a childish side of him that just wanted to keep peace and have a bit of fun.

"Alright," I turned towards Macy and Nichole,

"Are you two hungry? Or do you want to eat after the meeting?"

I hoped eating something would make both of them less tense,

"Sure," Macy said before glancing at Nichole,

"I wouldn't mind a bite or two" she responded. I nodded before looking at Alpha Riley,

"We await your call for the meeting," I said while already starting to walk towards the kitchen,

"I look forward to hearing what you have to say, Alpha Belle, these old Alpha's could use your new insights" he smiled. I nodded before directing my attention towards the kitchen, past a small group of Alpha's I could see a table packed with platters of food. As soon as I started walking over they shifted out of my way slightly, I made eyes with some of them and offered a small smile before reaching the table,

"I didn't know how hungry I was till now," Nichole said hungrily, taking one of the small plates before piling some food on it. I couldn't help but chuckle at her confidence as Macy carefully followed after her and took some food, I brushed my hand over her hip gently to provide some comfort and felt her relax slightly before smiling at me. Her eyes didn't stay on me very long though, as they quickly darted over my shoulder to someone, I turned around to meet eyes with green ones and a slight whiff of my dad hit me.

"Aunt Addison!" My tone rose up just a tiny bit, it felt comforting to finally know someone else here,

"Hello, my dearest niece" she chirped, brushing a hand over my hair,

"Your only niece" I pointed out, she chuckled slightly.

"Where's uncle Brandon?" I noticed he wasn't standing behind her,

"He's talking with another Alpha, I can hardly stand these meetings anymore so every time he starts talking to someone I run out of there as quickly as I can" she giggled, even though she was almost as old as my dad she always acted so light and cheerful.