Episode 2 - Better The Devil You Know

Warnings: I don't own the rights to any of the characters from the hit TV show "Charmed" or the storylines related to the show those rights belong to original creator Constance M Burge.

15+ Moderate/Graphic Displays of Violence, Sexual Innuendos, Witchcraft and Potentially Triggering Scenes.

"I've got to admit something to you Paul and I'm afraid of how you're going to react to it." Raven said nervously while her and Paul sat on a blanket having a picnic within a park in San Francisco. "I really don't want you to hate me because I've really enjoyed this time we had together."

"Raven it's okay I'm sure nothing is going to be as bad as Cole Turner being your charmed one." Paul joked with her.

"Cole and I entered your lives under false pretenses he saved Drake on his own accord, but he never planned to stick around." Raven reluctantly revealed. "Until we got word about how to access the locked dark grimoire and we got desperate."

"What's the charmed ones got to do with the dark grimoire?" Paul asked as he stood up from the ground, shocked by Raven's betrayal. "The dark grimoire has nothing to do with us in fact none of us can even touch it no good can."

"The grimoire was locked many years ago by the original charmed ones when the elders couldn't find a way to destroy it and until now it wasn't thought possible of it ever being unlocked." Raven revealed as she stood up to face Paul.

"So, buying Halliwell and Turner, you and me getting close and Drake becoming friends with Cole it was all part of some game to you two?" Paul asked, furious with himself and the demon in front of him. "I knew I should never have trusted Cole, but I was so foolish to underestimate you."

"At first we were just trying to get that book unlocked but then I really started to like you and I realized the last thing I want to do is hurt you or your family." Raven tried to explain herself. "I was hoping we could find a way around hurting you and this plan of ours would do nobody any harm but now this wicked witch named Morgana has formed an alliance with my brother and god only knows what she's capable of."

"I thought you were different to the rest of them," Paul snapped at her. "You even convinced me to allow Cole near my son!"

"Trust me please Paul I'm not like the demons you vanquish I'm not evil." She pleaded with him. "The only reason I reconnected with Cole is because he had a plan to reunite us with our father. Do you know what it's like to grow up without a father because your mother took him from you? I was raised by a monster not a mother who never understood my or Cole's humanity and we were punished for being who we were. When we were old enough, we ran from her but not together and I've spent well over a century completely and utterly alone."

"I'm so sorry you had to go through that Raven I truly am but despite how much I don't want it to, this changes everything." Paul replied.

"It doesn't have to," Raven said as tears began forming in her eyes. "Let me help fix all this."