Chapter 2: The Past

"Well you see we have the one of the flipping masters here and another one on his way, you remember Z, your gonna learn how to flip" Corey says with a slight chuckle.

- Caroline Funk -

"You're kidding Corey, you know what happened last time" I yell as I run out back through the sliding glass door.

I sit on the stairs and just zone out for a quick second before someone sits down next to me.

"We won't let anything happen" Tanner says as I look over at him.

"Last time I tried learning to flip I ended up hurting myself" I explain looking down at my feet. "I was eleven and one of my friends and I thought it was a good idea. It wasn't and I got hurt"

"Are you willing to believe you have a chance of succeeding, and believe you won't get hurt. That will be the key to your success" Z says from behind us.

"Z" I scream as I get up and hug him.

"Tanner here is a great flipper and an amazing teacher. Believe me he won't let you get hurt" Z exclaims.

"Fine I'll try it" I give in.

I wouldn't mind learning how to flip, I'm just scared

xxxxxxxxxxxx

"Ready three two one" Tanner says as I flip forward and . . . and I land it.

"And that my friends is my sister learning how to front flip. Stay tuned for more cause we are gonna be teaching her a bunch. Thank you Z and Tanner for helping and thank you Line for actually doing it." Corey says while vlogging it. "Next is a back flip"

"You're annoying" I scream hoping onto his back.

xxxxxxxxxxxx

Three months later

I went for a drive in my lime green Jeep, well now it's purple and orange thanks to my brothers and a stupid prank.

Thanks Capron, thanks Corey.

Now that I think about it we all have pranked one another with pranks involving our cars.

I pull up to the address of the house my best friend Owen says he's staying at.

We were friends at one of the foster homes and never really lost touch.

"Carolina" Owen screams running out.

"Dumbass" I squeal as we hug and laugh at our own stupidity.

"What's is been? Two years, almost three since we last hung out together?" Owen says as we head into his house.

"The boys kept me busy" I say with a laugh.

"Always do. I missed you though" he says as we head up to his studio.

"What are you wanting to do in here" I ask as he grabs a canvas from the corner.

"I painted this for you" he says as he hands me a small canvas