Chapter 3: Recovery

- Tanner Braungardt -

"Who's riding" the paramedic asks as they load Line into the back of the ambulance.

"Tanner you should" Capron says.

"Your her family" I reply "you should go with really"

"We are gonna go pick up our parents, we will meet you there, make sure they do whatever it takes to keep her alive" Corey says as they hop into Lydia and drive off to go get their parents.

"Guess I am" I say hopping in.

xxxxxxxxxxxx

"Family of Caroline K Funk" a Doctor in a white lab coat and magenta scrubs says, we all stand up.

"How's our girl" their mom asks tears in her eyes.

"She's not doing the best, that said we want to run some more tests, but you can go see her now that we've gotten her settled into her room. I'm Dr. Holt, I will be in-charge of her care till we know what's going on." The doctor says as we all head to her room, he goes off to do his own thing.

xxxxxxxxxxxx

"Hi I'm Abigail Diaz, I'm a nurse, I was sent here to take a family history.  Has anyone in your family had a history of high blood pressure?" The nurse asks.

"Giving you our family history won't help you at all, it won't help cause Line, our parents adopted her five years ago" Capron says annoyed by the situation.

Lines adopted.

She never told me.

Then again we've only known each other for almost four months now.

"Do you know any of her family history?" Nurse Diaz asks.

"All we know is she was put in the system at the age of 10 months, and went from home to home for 14 years before we took her into our family and never looked back" their mom cries.

"I want you to know we are doing everything for your daughter that we can, we will get to the bottom of this" the nurse says before leaving.

xxxxxxxxxxxx

We had all passed out early the next morning, tests still being done.

I was in and out of sleep and I woke up when Caroline shifted but was still unconscious.

Maybe she'll wake up soon.

I fell back asleep still holding her hand.

- Caroline Funk -

I open my eyes, I'm not in my room.

Where am I?

I feel a pain in my chest like no other and it hurts like so bad.

Before I know it I start to cry.

"Hey hey hey" I hear a familiar voice say.

"It hurts" I cry.

"I'm gonna go get someone" he says before leaving the room.

"Capron" I say trying to wake my brother up.

"Corey" I say a little louder.

"Mom, Dad she's awake" Corey says as they all wake up.

"Honey I'm so glad your ok" My mom cries.

"It . . . it . . . It hurts" I gasp in pain.

xxxxxxxxxxxx

I was taken for more test over the next day or so.