Chapter 6

(FULL BOOK AVAILABLE ON AMAZON for only 99 cents https://www.amazon.com/dp/B084FL1CVK)

CHAPTER 6

AMETHYST

Sin finally found his watch but just like I suspected, it was in my baby's room and it was broken. He would definitely have to get it repaired before he could wear it again.

"I need a favor," Sincere said.

"No, the answer is no." I continued to watch television as if he was not even in the room. His plans, schemes, and favors were always ridiculous, and I always hated myself afterwards for even agreeing with his nonsense. Like the time he set me up on a date with one of his cousins about two years ago.

I sat at the restaurant for an hour before he showed up. He had a mouth full of gold teeth, and his dress code was nonexistent. He sounded like he had never picked up a book in his life.

"Ya looking' good, baybeh, nah-mean?" He sounded like a fool and he kept rubbing his ashy hands up against my leg. He even had the nerve to ask me to go Dutch when the bill came. When I saw Sin I kicked his ass for setting me up. All he could do was laugh because he claimed he had no clue he would behave that way.

Yeah, right!

"What the fuck, Amethyst? You didn't even hear me out." He had a semi scowl on his face as his eyebrows furrowed together.

"I heard you loud and clear, and I know you heard me as well, mister. I'm not getting mixed up with your shenanigans."

He smirked before standing in front of the TV and turning it off.

"I'm serious this time. It's a really big favor and I know you want to know what it is. Stop fronting."

Damn he looked good standing in front of the television. I'd rather watch him, anyway.

Snap out of it Ame.

"What is it, Sin?" I folded my arms over my chest and rolled my eyes, letting him know that I was not in the mood for his schemes. I just knew that it was going to be something over the top. I couldn't get the image of his cousin's face out of my mind in the restaurant yelling for the waiter to bring him some scrimps. What the fuck is a scrimp? Then he kept saying he was "bout his skrilla" which I later learned was money. It was an overall bad experience.

"My brother Sire' is coming to town in two weeks. You never met him because I never talk much about his stuck up ass. But I was wondering if—."

"Nope." I put my hand up to halt his sentence.

He ignored my comment and continued to talk. "Anyway, he eloped not too long ago and since he's coming to town, he wanted me to come to dinner with him to meet his wife and catch up a bit."

"Okay, so what does this have to do with me?" I was confused.

"Well, I don't want to go by myself. Imma feel all out of place, like a third wheel or some shit." He shrugged his shoulders.

"Ask one of your boo's, thots, booty calls, broads, hoes, tricks... I can keep going." I sneered.

He scoffed. "Amethyst, I'm being serious. I would like it if you would accompany me. Get all dolled up, slip into something sexy, and—"

"I'll think about it." I didn't really see a problem with going, and I hadn't been on a date in a very long time. It would be nice to get out of the house.