Chapter 15

CHAPTER 15

NAS

I had been waiting on Taya hand and foot ever since she lost the baby. It had been about two weeks now and she barely said anything to me other than Thank you when I brought her food to eat or water to drink. She had bags under her eyes and her hair hadn't been combed in who knows how long. I knew that everyone grieved differently so I allowed her the space to grieve the only way she knew how.

About an hour into watching television, Taya came down stairs and stood directly in front of the TV. I was very confused.

"Why?" She asked.

"Why what baby?" I said hoping she would fill me in on what she was referring to.

"Why did you call me her name during sex?" She asked shocking the hell out of me. I thought we were done with that topic.

"I already told you...it was an accident baby. I am not nor have I ever cheated on you."

She walked towards me and I noticed something shiny in her hand. It was a butter knife. I didn't know what the hell she thought she was going to do with a butter knife. "It's really your fault that I lost the baby. I was so stressed out wondering what she had over me and why you still loved her because I'm not fool. I know you are still in love with that bitch!" She said through gritted teeth.

"It's not even like that Taya."

She ran towards me with the knife in her hand. I almost wanted to laugh. I quickly moved out the way, grabbed her hand and forced the knife out of it. I threw it across the room and pinned her arms down. She began to kick and scream

"Get off of me." She yelled.

"Baby calm down." I held her a little tighter until she stopped moving. "Look at me." I demanded.

She looked at me and her eyes were glossy.

"First of all don't ever do that shit again. I don't know what the fuck your problem is but don't ever do that shit again. Second of all it's nobody's fault. It's just not our time to have a baby. When the time is right I would love to have a baby with my beautiful wife who I love and no one else."

"But... why did this happen to me?" She cried.

"It's the timing bae." I repeated.

"Be honest with me Nas." She sniffed as I wiped the tears from her face. "Do you still love her?" She asked.

I looked away. "I uh––." I didn't know what to say.

"See I knew it." She pushed me off of her then stood to her feet. "Here!" She took off her ring and put it in my hand. I just stared at it. "Go marry that bitch. I'm done!"

She started to walk off and I grabbed her arm. She pulled away. "Get the fuck off of me!"

"Baby just hear me out." She cut me off.

"I'm done! I don't want to hear it!" She shouted.

I flipped out. Tired of being Mr. nice guy.

"Why the fuck are you so concerned about Amethyst? She's the mother of my child and that's it! We are not sleeping together, we co parent and that's it!"

"I'm concerned because I don't want a man that's in love with another bitch! You got me fucked up! I'm over this shit! I'm over feeling second place to her! Go be with her Nas. I'm moving out!"

This time she walked away and I didn't stop her.

What the fuck just happened Nasir?