Chapter 12

(FULL BOOK AVAILABLE ON AMAZON for only 99 cents https://www.amazon.com/dp/B084FL1CVK)

CHAPTER 12

AMETHYST

A few days later...

I walked out of my house hauling several bags. Perspiration dripped from my forehead as I tried to grasp my breath. It was six o'clock at night so the sun wasn't out, yet I was still sweating a little.

My luggage was a little too heavy for my liking but that was my fault for over packing. Today was Friday and my baby's birthday was this coming Sunday so we were taking him to Disney World.

Nas and Taya, Wade and Kara, Sincere and myself would be driving Junior, Wade and Kara's son, Sin's niece, and one of Junior's little cousins to Disney world for the weekend. Everyone decided to meet at my house before hitting the road.

Sin walked up carrying his niece Precious. "Hi Precious. You're so pretty."

She smiled sweetly. "What do you say?" Sin asked.

"Thank you. You're pretty too. Are you my uncles' girlfriend?"

My eyes grew wide just as Nasir approached us. Luckily Sin walked off to introduce Precious to the other little kids.

"What's up Judy?" Nas yelled in my ear prior to kissing me upon my cheek.

"Nas do not start with me. It's too early to be playing. Call me that one more time and I swear I'm going to––."Junior cut me off when he ran out the door greeting his father with a hug. "You're lucky. You were so close to seeing stars." I specified frustratingly, putting all of the bags I was carrying into the trunk.

"I bet you won't run up on me!" He put up his fists as if he wanted to fight.

"Boy please!" I just simply laughed at his comment.

"See. I knew you were scared." He smiled before waving me off.

"Boy ain't anybody scared of your little toothpick looking self."

Nas sucked his teeth. "You better be a dime talking about me like that." He sneered.

I pushed his head and tried to run away but he grabbed me and twisted my arm. I used a move that I'd seen on a lifetime movie and before he knew it I had him in a headlock. "Help me Junior." He ran towards us and started punching Nas in his kneecaps. All I could do was laugh. That was the highlight of my morning. "I bet you won't mess with me any more punk!"

"Oh so that's funny Junior?" Nas inquired as I removed him from the headlock I had him in.

I was enjoying the sight of them playing around and bonding until I saw Taya walk up out the corner of my eye. She had a grimace on her face for some peculiar reason.

"I thought you said it was just going to be me and you on this trip." She was talking to Nasir but directing her gaze towards me. She looked me up and down after those words left her lips.

I was done being the bigger person and biting my tongue.

"Oh I'm so sorry that you thought that sweetie. Nasir Junior is my child so why on earth would I not be included on this trip? I don't know what your husband told you and I really don't care either because I'm going whether you like it or not. Obviously you felt that you had to come over here and mark your territory after you saw Nas and I over here playing around. But let me tell you something Taya––."

"Amethyst just chill." Nas said pulling me back.

I looked her up and down just as she'd done to me when she walked up then I rolled my eyes and walked back into my house to make sure I had everything.