Yancy x Reader: Broken Promise pt.3

(this is the last part I will be writing for this one request, hope you all enjoy the conclusion. Also sorry for not posting anything, just some terrible family drama has been happening and I had trouble focusing on writing. sorry again.)

...Darkness...

That was all that surrounded you, inky black darkness.

You floated effortlessly in this sea of emptiness, the only thing you could feel was the pain in your heart from what previously transpired with your one and only.

Oh how badly you wanted to take back everything, from ignoring Yancy for months to your misunderstood words and how you couldn't stop him from feeling the pain that you had already caused on the poor soul...

He did the right thing by snuffing out your light just like he did with his own mother, now you will just stay in this lonely prison of darkness for the rest of your pitiful life.

Oh? What's this? Alight at the end of this tunnel?

How peculiar... let's see what is waiting beyond this light, shall we?

You drifted slowly towards the light with a hand reached out towards it, and once you can feel the warmth on your fingertips it completely engulfs you.

~~~~~~~~~~

You slowly opened your eyes to a bright light that was shining down on you. After a moment of your eyes adjusting to the piercing light, you noticed that you were in a small room that reminded you of the infirmary in the prison.

Wait a minute...

You were in the infirmary at the prison! From the many fights you had before changing the behavior you had, you visited this place very often.

But you didn't see the doc anywhere but you quickly noticed that you weren't alone.

On the right side of your bed, you noticed a man with his arms wrapped around his head muttering all sorts of apologies in a raspy voice. You knew his voice in an instant.

"Y-Yancy..?" you weakly called out as the damage on your throat was slowly surfacing up which lead to a hoarse cough erupting from you. This caught his attention as he shot up from his arms as he looked at you with glassy eyes.

"Y-Y/N! Youse is okays!" he leaped up from his seat which toppled over from his sudden movements. He leaned over the bed and wrapped his arms around your torso and nuzzled his face into your shoulder.

"I was so scared! I-I thought I has k-killed youse...oh god I'm so sorrys Y/N, I don't knows what came over me..." he cried softly into your shoulder to which your shirt was getting soaked by his tears.

You patted his back and slowly let go of his embrace on you and slowly moved away from you. You mustered up enough energy to let out a soft "It's okay Yancy." before the pain came back and engulfed you with another painful fit of coughs. "Hey hey! Youse should take it easy and not talk for a whiles. Here, have some of this." he handed you a glass of water that was sitting beside you on a small end table.

"And besides, I have a few more things to say to youse." he sighed as he sat down on the edge of the bed. "I've had some time to mull over what youse were here for, youse was here to apologize for the things ya did to me and I didn't listen to ya." he turned to face you with a sincere look in his dark eyes.

"I'm so sorry for what I did to youse Y/N...I lashed out and I almost..a-almost..." he was starting to choke on his words and you gently leaned over and cupped his cheek. You rubbed your thumb over some of his stubbled cheek as you smiled softly at him. He saw in your eyes the kindness and how you had already forgiven him.

Tears were building back up again as he pulled you closer to him and cupped both of your cheeks in his hands.

"I love you so much Y/N..." he barely said in a whisper as he pulled your face close into a soft and warming kiss. Tears rolled down both of your cheeks as you wrapped your arms around his shoulder, after a seemingly endless moment of bliss you pulled away and look up into those beautiful eyes of his and mumbled a barely audible "I love you too Yancy.".