SEVEN

Ever since Homura had come to the palace, she had wanted to go to the library. She had heard it was a place she definitely should visit - even Ty Lee had recommended it, surprisingly - and even though she had never been in a library before, she felt like this time, she should actually try going. Upon arriving, she realised it had been a good decision to visit.

The library was located in the eastern wing of the palace, and even though she found herself in awe of the room - there were too many books in there, bookcase next to bookcase with many bookshelves and countless books in each one of them, she knew she'd need a lifetime to read everything in there - she realised she didn't know from where she could start. She was pleased to just walk around aimlessly, taking in the beauty of such a quiet place, bathed in sunlight coming from the balconies facing the east. She looked briefly over a few books to pass her time, caressed the binding of the books closer to her as she passed by the bookshelves, and then, aware she wasn't going to pick up a book to read any time soon, she headed to one of the balconies.

She passed by the scarlet curtains and moved to the edge, leaning against the railing with a content smile as she looked down at the view. The gardens of the palace spread below her, a beautiful sight to witness any day, and with a happy sigh, she closed her eyes. The breeze of the wind caressed her skin and she moved her head so as to face it, letting her hair move as it wished behind her. She managed to clear her head of any disturbing thoughts as she focused on the wind and the sun heating her skin.

Her eyes opened abruptly when she heard footsteps coming her way. But it was only Suki.

"Suki," she smiled as she turned to face her, as Suki walked over to stand beside her with a smile of her own. "What are you doing here?"

"Ty Lee told me you went to the library so I went searching for you. I guessed you'd be outside and it seems I was right."

"Of course you were," her smile widened. "Why did you come looking for me?"

"Ty Lee, Sokka and I thought we should go out in the city to that tea shop Ty Lee mentioned the other day. This way, we could see more of the city and also have a bit of fun."

Homura didn't need to think much to take her decision. "I like your idea. I'm in."

"Great," she smiled, "you wouldn't mind if we left now, would you? I've left Sokka and Ty Lee in my room and I'd like to get back before Sokka manages to get himself in trouble."

She laughed with a nod. "Alright then. Let's go now."

They left the balcony and then the library, reaching the corridor that would lead them straight to their rooms soon enough. It was then Suki finally spoke up.

"I'm glad you're coming with us. I haven't spent much time with you in the last few days."

"Yeah, I know," she admitted with a slight frown. "There are just so many things to see here and it's still the beginning. I'm sure we'll spend more time together in the next few days."

Suki smiled. "I don't doubt it. Just know, even with Sokka here, you can come to me whenever you want. Nothing has changed."

They slowly came to a stop outside Suki's room as they turned to face each other. Homura nodded at her. "I'm sure of it."

They exchanged a smile and then Suki opened the door. They got inside to see Sokka drawing, Ty Lee leaning above him as she watched him without making a sound. At the sound of the door opening, she glanced up and instantly motioned them over. Suki and Homura walked over to them and came to stand by Sokka to watch him.

"What are you drawing, Sokka?" Suki asked softly as Homura leaned a bit closer.

"I think that's Appa."