TWENTY

A week flew by before Homura even realised it and finally, she was able to train properly. The weight of her sword on her palm was a great relief after all the days she had to stay away from it. The training grounds had quickly become her favourite place in the palace and her opinion didn't change with time. In the training grounds when she fought with her sword, she felt limitless. As if her sword could offer her all bending couldn't.

For once, it wasn't Suki standing opposite her to fight her. She had gotten tired of losing in their sword fights and when Ty Lee had asked for someone who would be willing to fight with her without using weapons, she had jumped at the chance. Instead of Suki, it was Sokka who had risen to the challenge this morning.

Homura watched him closely as he stood against her. He had forged his sword himself, as she had, and even though he hadn't been taught how to fight with such a weapon from the age of ten, he had learnt from one of the greatest masters of all time and Zuko had given him a few tips. She didn't underestimate him, and from his serious expression, she knew she shouldn't.

"Are you ready?" he asked at some point.

Suki's and Ty Lee's panting faded into the background as Homura lowered her knees, her sword raising slightly by her side, her eyes falling on Sokka and never leaving him. He seemed to translate her reaction to his question as an affirmative response. He took in a deep breath as he gripped his sword tighter. Then he charged.

Homura ducked away from his sword and blocked his next attack, wasting no second to advance. Sokka was strong but she was more confident and in a few incredibly short minutes, she had managed to overpower him completely. Sokka hardly had the time to block her attacks, never mind actually attacking in return. It came as no surprise to either of them when she swerved her sword a certain way and his grip on his sword loosened. The weapon fell to the ground, dust rising at its fall and before he could reach down to grab it, the tip of her weapon was below his chin, forbidding him from moving.

She smirked. "This wasn't too bad, Sokka."

"You fight as if you're dancing," he commented as she brought her sword back to her side.

"Thank you. I've been told I'm a good dancer."

"Zuko would like to watch you dance again!"

Homura couldn't keep herself from smiling as she turned to the side to see the rest of her friends had arrived. Aang and Katara were grinning as Zuko was blushing furiously, glaring intensely at Toph who appeared smug beside him. Ty Lee was by Homura's side in seconds.

"Did someone mention anything about a dance?"

"Toph says Zuko would like to see me dance again," she said with a smirk, "no one else wants to, though. You know what that means?" Ty Lee shook her head as Homura turned to Zuko and bowed. "You're in luck, my Lord. You just won a private dance."

Zuko's already pinkish cheeks now turned into a deep red and even his ears started gaining colour as Toph and Sokka howled with laughter. Homura sent him a wink as she walked over to the place they were sitting at.

"That's nice," Katara allowed as she stepped out, Aang disregarding his shirt before following after her.

"Not that I'm complaining," Suki spoke up as Zuko started taking off his shirt as well, "but why are you undressing?"

Sokka gasped, "Suki!"

"Oh, now I remembered!" Ty Lee burst at once. "Remember how I said we'd find Mai a boyfriend? We forgot about it! I didn't mean this to be a plan someone mentions and then forgets all about it but it did and now I'm feeling really bad because it could have had so much potential and it would have been so much fun-"