*REWRITTEN* The New And Improved Draco Malfoy Pt.1

He was running.

The only thing this poor boy could do at this point was run.

Draco's family, friends, and even strangers, it seemed like the world was against him. People were fighting, screaming, dying and all he could do was watch.

His world was crumbling right in front of him.

So this Malfoy was escaping from this pain and torture surrounding him.

He just couldn't do it, he couldn't stay, this was not something any seventeen-year-old should have to go through. At least not one as broken and fragile as Draco.

He didn't care where he was going, and he didn't care how long it was going to take him to get there, but this boy needed to leave, this boy needed help.

There was a satisfying crunch of dry leaves beneath Draco's feet every step he took, reminding him how fast he was going.

He could hear screams of pain and cackles of no remorse following him, they were beginning to silence but still, they were deafening to his ringing ears.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

He was running as far as his dirtied legs could take him and found a town or city. Quite close to that area he found a small... library? 

He believed it to be a muggle building, seen as there were no repellents or charms on it, from what he could detect, it seemed quite small from the outside but looked big at the same time, it's just the angles.

As soon as Draco laid his silver eyes on this building he ran faster than before, he quickly rapped his closed fist against the oak wooden door.

"Yes, what would you li-oh young man you seem to have a few scrapes and scratches, are you okay?" A petite old lady peered her head around the door.

"Umm yes madam I apologise, I was just wondering if you could tell me where the closest healer was," Draco responded.

"Oh, you must mean hospital, it's around the middle of town, but even if you went now, I doubt you would get seen for a few hours." She responded with a kind voice, much more soothing than his mothers ever was. Which in some ways surprised him.

He was slightly worried seen as he accidentally made a mistake in what it seemed like, basic muggle vocabulary. he had to remember nobody can know about wizards and witches, let alone that he was one, he wasn't that stupid.

"Oh not to worry I can wai-" Draco started to respond before the lady cut in. "Why don't you come in, I can make some tea?"

"Oh really I don't want to cause any troub-" He was cut off again "No really I insist, you must come in its-"She paused taking a quick glimpse at her watch "-9:39, far too late for a young man like you to be roaming the streets in a dark town" she spoke, poking his shoulder, electing a barley noticeable wince from the boy. Draco was wondering what that small metal-like 'bracelet?' was, and ended up shrugging it off.

"O-Okay sure" She smiled taking a step back so he could walk in. He took a slow cautious pace forward, screwing his eyes shut, almost waiting for something to happen, and when nothing did he took a few more steps forward. as he did, he found himself in a large room filled head to toe with books of all shapes, sizes, ages and colours.

"No need to be scared, love, the house isn't cursed." The woman laughed walking in behind him and closing the door, she was still chuckling, whilst he was reminding himself that she didn't even know that curses existed.