Chapter one: Murder capital of the world

Annabelle's POV
"God where is she?" David asked to no one in particular. "Maybe she got lost." Marko joked, causing a few chuckles from Paul and I and a glare from David. I sighed. "Do you want me to go see if I can find her?" I spoke up. The four boys looked at me then at each other.

Then David nodded. I smiled as I got off of Marko's motorcycle. "Be careful Annabelle." David's voice ran through my mind. I looked back at my brother and smiled and ran into the crowded boardwalk looking for the newer vampires.

I was walking by a comic book store and of course I got distracted and went in. While I was looking around I saw a blonde boy around 14 enter. Due to being a vampire I could hear the conversation the Frog brothers and the blonde boy were having. I was so focused listening that I jumped when I heard David's voice in my head. "Did you find Star?" "No luck. I'm on my way back." I answered. I sighed walking out of the shop. I turned back and made eye contact with the blonde. I smiled and winked at him, he was shocked and looked around then pointed to himself. I nodded before disappearing from his eye sight.

I couldn't help but smile. The kids blonde hair and ocean blue eyes went well together, but I do have to admit his sense of style was quite weird. When I walked up to the boys they looked confused. "Why are you smiling like that?" Paul asked. "No reason. I'm just... happy. Yeah I'm happy." I answered climbing onto Marko's bike.

I looked over to the entrance of the boardwalk and saw Star and Laddie walking closer, followed a curly brown headed boy and the boy from the comic book shop. Star climbed onto David's bike and Laddie on Dewayne's. The older boy looked disappointed and the blonde whispered something smiling then made eye contact with me once again. The boys started their bikes and we were off to the cave.