Chapter Three: Welcome to Santa Carla

Annabelle's POV

Once we arrived at the boardwalk, the guys decided to go mess with Max. I wasn't ready to go look for Blondie yet so I tagged along. I was ahead of the boys, so when I reached Max's shop I saw a woman with short hair helping a little boy who was crying, saying he was lost. The woman entered holding hands with the crying boy. The boys followed me in and started looking around. I was looking for newer releases when I heard Max. "Annabelle, come here." My breathing stopped and I walked closer to Max. "Lucy this is my... niece, Annabelle. Annabelle this is our newest employee Lucy." Max introduced me to the short haired woman. Wait. Did the man that absolutely hates me, just say I was his niece? Wow that's a huge step.

"Hi nice to meet you Lucy." I smiled and shook her hand. "I thought I told you not to come in here." Max said sternly, looking at door. We looked over and saw the boys. They all went outside and got on their bikes. "Well I'm going to hit the boardwalk. See you later... Uncle Max." I said leaving after bidding Lucy goodbye. "That was weird." I thought out loud. The boys all agreed with me.
*bippity boppity time skippity*

Walking around the boardwalk aimlessly I hope I run into Blondie. I decided if I wanted to find him I'd have to check the Frog Brothers comic shop. Sure enough he was there. I go to the superhero section and look for another issue of The Flash. As I'm looking I feel a tap on my shoulder. I look over my shoulder and see Blondie.

"Yes?" I ask turning towards him. "Hi, I saw you staring at me yesterday and I thought I'd introduce myself. I'm Sam Emerson." He said hold his hand out. "Nice to meet you Sam, I'm Annabelle." "That's a beautiful name for a beautiful girl." Sam said with a sideways smirk.  "You're such a flirt. So did you just move here? I haven't seen you around before." I asked, looking at the comics. "Uh yeah. I just moved here from Phoenix." He replied. I smiled "Well Sam, welcome to Santa Carla."