Chapter 4: Batman or Superman?

Annabelle's POV

"So do you wanna hangout?" Sam asked. "Sure. I could show you around." I smiled grabbing his hand walking out of the comic store. "How about we get to know each other. We could play 20 questions." I said, which sounded more like a question. "Sounds good. I'll go first." He replied.

"So how old are you?" "I'm 15." I answered, actually I'm about 173 years old, but Sammy boy doesn't need to know that. "I'm also 15, my birthday is in September." He smiled. "Mine's in November." I replied. "Okay so I guess it's my turn to be  asking a question..." By the end of the night I had discovered that Sam's favorite color is blue, his favorite movie is The Outsiders (He has good taste in movies, what? you can never go wrong with Rob Lowe and Matt Dillon). He also just recently moved in with his grandfather because his parents divorced.

"Okay Anna one more question." Sam said as we stopped at the entrance of the boardwalk. "Okay, What is it?" I ask hoping my brothers wouldn't show up. "Batman or Superman?" "That's a tough one but... I'll have to go with Superman." This caused the boy to smile. "I knew I liked you."

" You know Sam I really had a great time tonight. Maybe we can hangout more." I asked hopefully. "Oh yeah, of course! I had a great time tonight with you also." We had been looking in each other's eyes when he leaned down and kissed me. My breath stopped for a moment before I kissed back. When he pulled away his eyes grew wide. "I-I... I'm so sorry I have no idea what came over me." He blushed looking down embarrassed. I smiled and lifted his head up. "It's fine. By the way you are a great kisser." I said winking, then I heard my brothers' voices ring through my mind. "Um I have to go. Meet me at the carousel tomorrow after sunset." I tell the blonde boy walking away. "Okay!" He replied before walking the opposite direction.

I could feel my brothers' anger from a mile away. Great they probably saw Sam and I kiss. Let's just say if they did Sam would be six feet under, next to me. As I walked up to the motorcycles I kept my head down hoping they wouldn't talk to me. "Annabelle, where were you? We've been waiting for 45 minutes." David asked as soon as I passed his bike. "No where." I answered back. I could hear Star's breath leave her body. "What was that?" David asked. "I said no where David. Even if I was somewhere it isn't anyone's business but mine." I shot back. I was about to get on Marko's bike when I was pushed against the building behind the bikes. "Is that anyway to talk to your older brother?" David asked. His face was as red as a tomato. I didn't answer, this only caused him to get angrier. "ANSWER ME!" "I WAS WITH A BOY, OKAY!" I yelled. My outburst caused David to let me go. I looked at the boys, who were having a whole conversation with each other. Before anyone had a chance to get even more upset and ask questions I said under my breath "You know what? Why don't you all just leave me alone." I could hear the boys protests, but I continued to run. I ran home, not the best choice to go since I was running to get away from them, but it's the only safe place to go. When I made it to the cave I ran into my hiding place. No one knows about it, except for Laddie. There is this mossy stuff covering the entrance. I hide in there and fall asleep. Escaping reality and dreaming about Sam.