See Look, Stress!

Fun Fact:
This was originally only supposed
to be a one-shot. However, it was too long
to be described as one, but also too short for it to be anything like my previous projects.

~~~

Years later

It's just school.

During the first couple of grade levels, dressing up for the first day of school is completely okay. Normal and fun, too. However, once you reach junior year, you realize how overrated the first day is. The first day is basically just a sentencing for months of absolute hell.

Don't get me wrong, I like learning. But there comes a point when learning about the Revolutionary War and the mitochondria just aren't on a student's radar. Teach students about life skills and how to get a job. Just because we spent three months learning about polynomials in ninth grade, doesn't mean I am going to remember it.

The only reasons that half the student body hasn't already dropped out are because of caffeine, school friends, and high school credits for a diploma. At least, those are the reasons I'm still there.

And why I chose a sweatshirt as my back to school outfit instead of a dress or nicer, more effortful form of clothing.

Despite my bitterness for the first day, I still found myself working up the courage to go in and face the student body. What if my friends weren't in there yet and I would have to sit by myself like a loner? What if the mean girl from third grade decides to dump her coffee on my lap? What if my junior schedule is harder than my sophomore self bargained for?

My thoughts continued like that until I heard the warning bell. Even from outside, you could hear the familiar shrill from the old hunk of junk. The sole reason the bell was as loud as it was courtesy of the Stoll brothers, Connor and Travis.

During the very first week of my freshman year, the two morons did something to enhance the already very annoying bell. Whatever that thing was, the janitor was unable to remove it. Let's just say that after the students found out about their actions, Travis and Connor Stoll became really popular.

And not in a good way.

Fortunately for them, they redeemed themselves by pouring slime-like substances on the rude teachers as a prank and getting students out of class to have a party in the teacher parking lot.

My thoughts began to wander off so much I almost didn't hear the person running towards me at full sprint.

"Best friend!" Piper McLean shouted as she wrapped me in a bear hug. I could not help but laugh at her childish antics.

Piper.

My BFPP as Leo Valdez, one of our mutual friends, called it. Best Friend Post Percy. Leo liked picking fun of the stereotypes of teenaged, white girls, and one day, BFPP just came out. At first, I used the term solely as a joke. Then, I fell in love with it. Sort of like Tik-Tok in a way.

"Stop! Everyone is gonna think you're a freshman." I laughed as we walked into school together. Somehow, Piper and I managed to get our first class and study hall together. You would think getting kicked out of chemistry multiple times together the previous year would convince the faculty to make sure our schedules never intertwined.