See? I've Changed!

Fun Fact:
Before Star, I actually wrote and published
a different story called Goddess of Theft.
The story was removed and deleted
due to the insecurity I faced at the time.
I hope to write something like it again in the
future, but it's completely gone and there's
no way for me to edit from the original.

~~~

"Annabeth?" he asked again.

"Percy?" I smiled as he nodded. Before I even had a chance to process the information, I found myself throwing my arms around him in a bear hug. With the force I used, I was sure I had crushed some vital organs. But any worry I had for them had vanished when he made the confirmation. "Oh my gods, it's so great to nice you again."

He chuckled as he returned the hug with equal force, but I didn't mind. For about five seconds, it served as a nice reunion between us. Then, with slight hesitation, I stepped back and punched him square in the shoulder with enough power to be playful and come off as menacing at the same time. "Why didn't you tell me you were back?"

"I had no way of contacting you. It's not like I can magically send you a message via rainbow. Aren't you supposed to be the smart one?" Percy said, absentmindedly rubbing the shoulder I hit.

I rolled my eyes, but couldn't help the smile that spread across my cheeks. "I am the smart one, Percy. You could have sent blue cookies as like a bat signal or something."

"A bat signal or something," he repeated in disbelief as if it were the most ridiculous idea he'd ever heard. "What does that make you? Robin? You sure you wanna be my sidekick? Probably not the best idea considering I got myself three weeks worth of in-school suspension on the first day."

"First off, I am most definitely not your sidekick," I said, fighting the urge to gag. "If anything you would be my sidekick. Second, how the actual fuck did you manage to get suspended on the first day?"

"I started a fight," Percy said, before making a face. "Well, maybe not a fight considering he was on the ground before—"

"Percy!"

"What?! The fucker was picking on my little cousin. I couldn't not hit him." Percy said, shrugging. "Even the principal agreed the guy was being an ass. The only reason I'm in trouble is because they can't condone violence."

"Fair enough," I said before remembering that my friends were waiting on me to get my books. "God fucking damn it," Percy looked over at me with a confused look. "I completely forgot about my friends. They've probably either already left me or have been waiting for a while."

"Oh, is your friend the one whose calls you've been ignoring?" Percy asked, gesturing to my phone.

Sure enough, there were two missed phone calls from Piper and Hazel each and a single text message from Piper.

"We're leaving now cuz I'm bored. Hope you don't get murdered!" I read Piper's text aloud to Percy, who hid his amusement behind his hand. I tried to ignore the fact that his hands looked very much like Corpse Husband's, with veins stretching out like cobwebs and a small ring around his index finger.

(A/N: yes, i do simp for Corpse and yes, I have developed an appreciation for hands. No, it's not weird, and no, there will not be smut in this story. No judgement towards people who do, I just do not feel comfortable writing it.)