See That? Beautiful

Fun Fact:
I started reading the Percy Jackson series
in the fourth grade. I loved it so much, I
actually stole the book (TLT) from my teacher.
I still have the book to this day and have no plans on returning it out of embarrassment.

~~~

Months went by, and my friendship with Percy only grew stronger as the days passed. It was almost as if he and Sally Jackson never moved away, to begin with.

After Percy's in-school suspension period finished, my friend group finally meet the boy that I never shut up about since they knew me. Percy fit right in and found his place among people who loved making fun of me just as much as he did.

Some of those friends, however, claimed to notice that his teasing seemed very different from theirs.

"When are you and Percy going to start dating?" Piper asked me as she sat down in front of me at our lunch table. Prompting me to choke on my water. "Give it up, Annabeth. We all know you've been into each other for months now."

"What are you talking about?" I managed to get out in between my coughs.

"You and Percy," Leo stared blankly at me like he hadn't slept peacefully in months. "The fact that you of all people haven't seen it yet is genuinely concerning. Even I could see what's going on between you and him, and that's coming from the person who didn't know Frank and Hazel were dating for two whole months."

"You didn't know about Piper and Jason either," Hazel added.

"I didn't know about Piper and Jason either!" Leo repeated. "And those two were insufferable, too! So the fact that I can see this—" Leo waved his arms in my direction "—says a lot."

"Well, I don't know what you're talking about—" my words brought collective groans came from around our lunch table "—because nothing is going on between us!"

"She's in more denial than I was," Nico muttered just loud enough for the entire table to hear, which prompted laughter from all around.

"I'll murder you," I mouthed to Nico, covering my mouth so only he would see. Nico only gave a small smirk before relaxing into Will's side to taunt me. Will was just excited his boyfriend was showing him affection in a public setting.

"Where is your boyfriend anyway?" Piper asked right as Percy sat down next to me.

"You have a boyfriend?" Percy asked me with a flat tone.

"No, I don't," I said and turned to raise my voice to the rest of the table. "All of our friends are just being idiots because they think they're funny,"

"It's extremely funny," Jason said.

"Won't be so funny with a foot up your ass, now would it, Clark?" I said with a big, fake smile plastered on my face.

"My name is Jason?"

"I know," I said, my eyes trained on Piper's widened ones. She swore us to secrecy about her mini obsession with Jason before they started dating, including the stuff about Jason as Superman aka Clark Kent.

We held eye contact for a while before Percy interrupted by passing me one of his blue cookies.

"Thanks, Percy," I mumbled knowing damn well exactly what everyone else thought of the cookie-giving. It must be nice for Percy who was completely oblivious to how our friends were beginning to interpret our relationship.