Chapter 1 - New Beginnings

Lil Prologue
--

The world has changed for Charlie quite a bit. The hotel has grown three times its size, and Hell is praising her for it, officially making her an Overlord. Deep down she is the same person, a happy and sunshiny girl, yet on the outside she is a strong leader who's ready for action. Her and Vaggie have split up due to circumstances which were heartbreaking and understood by each other. Though times might be hard for the two, they still are business partners destined for greatness.

Stolas has been and is apart of the Goetial Demons, a hierarchy besides Overlords that has a strong pull over the underworld. He is currently seeking out more power and is currently planning on overruling the crown to take over Hell completely and destroy the hotel, as it is interfering with his schemes of collecting taxes and whatever evil things he's coming up with along with his fellow Goetials. 

Alastor is Charlie's advisory and fellow Overlord. The two work together carefully planning out the next steps they take into business. He is amused every second by the drama, and at any second could end it all, but why would be honestly do anything about it?

Blitz(o) is currently working on an Imp uprising. he is tired of the unfair treatment being thrashed upon him and his race of people. Mostly him, but his mindset is on becoming famous and known for something as well. Currently, his plans are deciding who he can work with to bring his ideas to action, preferably someone who is gullible.

--

Tonight was an important meeting for the Overlords, and Charlie had to be dressed to impress. She searched around her room for her misplaced jewelry. Her hair was up in a cute bun with baby bangs dangling down. She wore a red and gold gown with matching flats. Angel had good taste, after all. Once finding the ruby necklace Charlie snapped it on and called out for Alastor. She heard the clacking of dress shoes coming down the stairs as she made the last little touches to her look. He nodded his head and followed the girl to the limousine. Today's meeting was on celebration of the hotel and different press sources were going to be there, along with multiple groups that were there to discuss along what achievements they've had over the past year.

"Darling, why so glum?" asked Alastor from the opposing seat. Charlie shrugged it off, unsure about it as well. "Sometimes I think we might be under powered. You were right, Alastor. We need more causes than just the hotel. People don't want to leave Hell because they were born here.." she looked around a bit. 

Alastor nodded after trying to think out an answer "We need to find another cause to really shock the world. If we encounter someone tonight, it would be swell.. but you'd obviously have to check who you're working with." he explained, pouring himself a glass of bubbly water and relaxing for the long trip ahead.

When the limo pulled up to the venue, all Charlie could see were flashing lights and paparazzi to take her picture. She was always so polite with the paparazzi but was unfortunately usually rushed by Alastor as time was running out. Once she entered the venue, the whole room looked at her. Smiles and glares were perfectly balanced throughout. 

The two sat at a separate table with the rest of the overlords; Vox, Valentino, Velvet, Rosie. Well, all except her parents. The three whores were chatting about drugs while Rosie had a disgusted look on her face towards them. She gave a dainty wave to Alastor and Charlie. "Good evening, Charlotte. Good evening, Al'." she gave a pearly white smile. He waved back and was soon cut off by the Valentino at the podium, giving a speech.

"Today we will be giving notice to the one and only Princess Charlotte Magne for being a.." he fumbled a bit through his words. "Ah. For creating the Hazbin Hotel and sending two-hundred and thirty-five souls to heaven.." he sounded unamused and moved on after an applause of people. "Next up is.." he jerked that name as well. 

Nothing really caught Charlie's eye until Stolas began to explain that the Goetial Demons' funds were beginning to dry up and that it was due to a lack of people being in Hell. He gave a crooked look over to Charlie, and she felt uncomfortable. Stolas finished up and went to sit back down. The room looked at Charlie and she began to feel even worse. Alastor smiled stronger and soon it went silent.

The next speaker was an Imp named Blitz. He was explaining his people needed equality and pointed out the people that were scoffing at him for even standing up. He also brought up the point that humans usually end up in Hell because of racism and hate crime. Then he went on to say something about bird people having tight butts, but at that point nobody was listening to him. Charlie looked over at Alastor and whispered "I think we've found our person." she smiled and he nodded a little convinced. "Remember what I said about checking people's resumes." he chuckled just a little.

Nothing interesting happened at the dinner besides the conflict between Stolas and herself. Charlie has a good time and enjoyed herself there, chatting with fans of her work and people on the waiting list for the hotel, even an Imp couple who wanted to do it together. She remembers the one was named Millie, and she had a southern accent. Charlie couldn't wait to help her and her husband reform their lives, wondering what exactly they did to end up here, unless born in Hell. 

Soon, the night was over and she was exhausted. Alastor barely made in out without people secretly trying to steal the tired girl. Charlie practically collapsed in the limo from her tiredness and slept the whole way back. Alastor continued drinking his flat bubbly water and writing down notes from the night, conspiring a new plan.