Chapter 9

Angel had the blankets pulled up to his chin, he was a cute drunk in all respect. But it made Blitzo nervous that he might do something stupid and that Angel would regret. So, for the first time in his life, he was respectful and didn't touch, kiss, hug, or take control of the sleeping spider for the night. He just, waited and waited until the sun rose.

The next morning paparazzi had flooded the hotel lobby, searching for Octavia, yearning for more news. The papers had sold out that night, and the increasing demand for news was a gold mine for anyone who had it. Constantly journalists, cameramen, and reporters tried to break their way through into the elevator and up to the girl's room. A sudden shake had woken her up as she stared back at Blitzo. "What's going on?" she stuttered and looked around hurriedly. "Stupid fucking paparazzi are here for you." he explained and  took a chair, boarding up the door.

"Blitz, don't you think that would make them suspicious?" Octavia pointed out with a yawn as she stood up from bed. "Better suspicious than cameras being shoved in your ass nonstop." he groaned. "Whatever you say.." was muffled from a toothbrush in her beak, scrubbing her mouth. She shivered a bit and put on her arm warmers, brushing out her hair afterwards. Her long, unkempt hair was never tamable, and it seemed that nothing she did ever fixed it. 

Blitzo noticed her struggle and grabbed a comb, spraying it with anti-frizz treatment. "Here, let me help you." and so she did. He combed out her hair neatly, and it looked pretty. "Would you like to wear your tiara?" he held it in front of her. She took it from him and inspected it. The glimmering was just not her, it was her father. She was dull, he was extravagant. Yet it always seemed she was just like him, and she was his daughter. These thoughts overwhelmed her for a second before all at once snapping out of it with a shudder. Octavia tossed it to the side and it made a sudden clang. 

"I guess not." Blitzo sighed and pat her head. "Good kid, just do what you want." he instructed and she nodded her head.

(Hey, just wanted to update. I'll post a longer chapter soon! <3)