twenty seven.

CHAPTER TWENTY SEVEN:
GIRL PROBLEMS.
*one week later*

"he makes me soooo mad. sometimes i just wanna take his stupid cute face and shove it into a wall but then like kiss him afterwards? you know what i mean? you ever feel like that with mike?" max's voice boomed through the brunette's car speakers.

"ummm... i dunno about shoving his face into a wall but he gets on my nerves sometimes. but like ina a good way. we've never actually gotten into an argument." eleanor peacefully played with a piece of her honey colored strains of hair, leaning her head up against the car window as she listened to her best friend complain. it was a friday night and eleanor had been enjoying running some last minute errands for her step mother until she was interrupted by an "emergency call" from max.

apparently the boys, meaning dustin, mike and lucas, had some av club competition tonight. which left eleanor and max completely boyfriendless for the night... well more so max. mike would occasionally make the effort to text eleanor in between things. are you getting the idea of what max is mad about, yet?

"that's cause you and mike are fucking perfect. ugh i just wished lucas tried more you know? we don't do cute shit anymore..." the red head signed, disappointment laced throughout her voice.

"well... haven't you two have been dating for a really long time. me and mike just started dating. technically we are still in the honeymoon stage. how long have you guys been together?" eleanor asked genuinely curious.

"3 years going on 4. we started dating the beginning of freshman year. BUT SEE that's the problem. i miss the honeymoon stage..." her best friend trailed off again.

"then tell him that. the honeymoon stage is basically you two throwing yourselves at each other constantly... how could he say no to that?" eleanor took a drink of her watered down starbucks, pulling one her knees up on the seat.

in response, she heard the red head burst into laughter on the other end of the call. "okay but like... you have to take into consideration that lucas is DUMB." she claimed, emphasizing the word "dumb" with attitude.

"and you're being DUMB right now too. just tell him what you want. it's not that hard." eleanor loudly accused her friend, mimicking her voice from before.

"HOW RUDE!" max exclaimed pretending to be offended, but in reality she really couldn't contain her laughter. "dating mike really boosted your confidence huh?! look at you talking back and shit. he's a bad influence!!"

the short haired girl joined in with max's laughter but they both quickly became quiet when eleanor's phone suddenly vibrated... not once, not twice but three times.

"ugh if that's mike and i know it is, tell him to fuck off." the brunette could here shuffling on the other side of the call followed by a sigh.

even though the small girl was making fun of the her friend a few seconds ago, she couldn't help but to slightly start to feel bad for max. technically, she already has listened to about an hour of max's complaining about lucas's lack of showcasing that he cares lately. how could she not feel slightly guilty that her boyfriend gives her all the time in the world and hers... just isn't right now. "i would say that just to make you feel better but he would definitely know you put me up to it."

"true..." max sighed again. "what did he say? you know since my boyfriend isn't bothering to text me back right now."