twenty nine.

CHAPTER TWENTY NINE:
FACING THE PAST.

the day was finally here.

eleanor had been waiting patiently for these very few minutes of her last class to finally tick away, overwhelmed with excitement for the upcoming break.

of course, seeing mike was the main reason for her excitement, however she'd be lying if she said she never wanted to visit hawkins before. it was almost like a small secret she'd keep to herself each year when will and her step mom would leave.

in her opinion, she never wanted to become a burden on such a personal trip for them. plus, in the past leaving without her dad coming along with her made her extremely nervous. but now since she's officially met the party AND she's dating mike wheeler? there's absolutely no excuse not to go.

"... please do NOT forget to think about your next essay topics over break. we will be starting the rough draft first thing when we get back!" the sarcastic voice of mrs.buckley yelled over the scrambling young adults, the bell blaring over her words.

"oh and eleanor! can i talk to you for a second, please?" the short honey colored haired teacher motioned over the brunette, holding her back a few beats as everyone started to exit the classroom.

"um... yes mrs.buckley?" eleanor was nervous, every time she'd been held after class it was because the teachers she had were worried she wasn't understanding the content they were going over. it always made her feel... well... stupid.

"don't worry it's nothing bad. i just wanted to say i'm very impressed with how much you've improved from the beginning of the year. you've really shown some extreme dedication. with that being said, i have this for you ..." her teacher reached over to a small stack of papers sitting mindlessly at the corner of her desk, "i'm not sure if you've applied for college yet, but these are a few scholarships i think you'd be perfect for."

"oh... oh my gosh thank you." the small girl fumbled with her worlds. this definitely wasn't the conversation she was expecting. she'd never had a teacher be this, what's the word... supportive of her before. "i'll definitely fill these out and get them back to you."

"you're very welcome. i should thank will for tutoring you so well. he seems like a great brother." her teacher smiled at her, making eleanor laugh a bit before the small girl decided to tell her the real reason why she was doing so well.

"he is a great brother but he's actually not tutoring me anymore. my uhh... boyfriend is. he's really smart." eleanor blushed. it was the first time she was talking about mike with someone other than the people who actually knew him.

"ohhhh i see, you should tell him your english teacher thinks it's great that he's helping you out. that's so adorable." she smiled at her again before noticing the small group of students waiting outside her classroom and motioning them to come in. "well... i hope you have an amazing break eleanor."

"you too mrs. buckley. thank you for all these. i'll definitely fill them out over break." eleanor politely excused herself, making her way out of the comforting classroom. she always knew mrs. buckley was one of her favorite teachers and based off what just happened in that classroom, that's exactly why. the brunette took a deep breath as she continued down and into the now empty hallway.