thirty.

CHAPTER THIRTY:
I NEED YOU TO TRUST ME.

"i swear i really thought i was gonna witness a murder. i've never seen max so pissed before and that's saying a lot... you know since she hates me and all." the raven haired boy lightly laughed to himself, his voice muffled a bit by eleanor's blanket that was slightly covering the bottom of her laptops speakers.

it had only been a few hours since her encounter with her ex before leaving school for the day. enough time for her to enjoy a very angry car ride with her beloved brother, come home, eat, take a shower and finally call up the one person she was oh so nervous about speaking to ever since the events at school occurred.

her boyfriend.

eleanor had only ever given him the bare minimum of what actually happened between her and her ex. but even with the little mike knew about jason... she was quite terrified on how he would react considering how protective he seems to be over her these days.

truthfully... she didn't know how to tell him.

"you okay over there? you look a lil lost." the freckled faced boy's raspy voice interrupted her thoughts, his eyes filled with concern and confusion on her laptop screen.

"oh... oh! i'm fine. just thinking that's all." the small girl pushed her damp hair away from her face, biting the inside of her cheek as tilted her head up. "what else happened today?"

"oh no no no. we're not doing that. what's up? you've been quiet this entire call. you're usually a lot more enthusiastic." mike questioned, leaning closer towards the screen of his phone. oh, how he knew those puppy eyes had such an effect on her.

"n - nothing. it's nothing." she forced a smile, earning a glare from her boyfriend.

"sure seems like something..." he remarked as he pulled his dark comforter closer to his face, his dark curls hanging close to his tired eyes. "did something happen at school? oh! you had a calculus test, right? how did that go?"

the brunette held back a soft smile, twisting the small star charm she still had hanging around her neck back and forth between her fingers. mike always remembered the smallest things about her. it was like he was there living life right next to her all the time even though in reality... he was miles away.

"it was okay..." she trailed off, trying to think of something else to tell him but her mind kept wondering back to the one thing she hadn't figured out how to word yet. quickly, mike noticed there was something she was struggling with in that head of hers.

"el... you do know you can tell me anything right?" he reassured, making the small girl give him a doe eyed stare and nod her head slowly. "you can trust me... whatever's bothering you. i need you to trust me."

"i do... but you're my jealous boy. when i tell you... you're gonna get all... intense." she finally concluded, nodding her head and pulling her blanket up to her face to mimic her boyfriend's position.

"intense?" the raven haired boy repeated slowly, confused by her choice of vocabulary.

"yes. i've decided you're gonna react in an intense way." she nodded again as she closed her golden orbs, slightly peaking one eye open to see his reaction.